Arturia V Collection Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by fica, Sep 13, 2015.

1. fica

fica Noisemaker

Hello

I'am having this problem with Arutira Analog Lab for some time now. I was searching everywhere and I was unable to find a solution. Whenever I load a project everything loads expect Analog Lab presets that I used in that project. Is there any solution to that problem, I tried deleting everything related to Arturia and still having the same problem. I'am having this problem in Ableton Live 9 and Studion One 3. I'am using Arturia V Collection 4.0.2. Is there any solution :)?

Thank you.

3. BigEmptySky

BigEmptySky Member

Details???

4. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Come across this before. There is a way to work around it as far as I recall. Can't check as not on my setup at moment but if I recall is something to do with by default waveforms it loads on initial load. Therefore one workaround is something like to change the default loading preset or waveforms and then save that as your init loading preset. Somehow works and seems to recall your presets you loaded if I recall correctly. Another way around it is in your project use the snapshot function to save your preset in the project and then if you lose your project preset then just load the snapshot as it should recall it.
    The software pretty buggy also but some good sounds & there is a way around it I think.

Will check as soon as able unless someone else comes up with a solution first.

5. fica

fica Noisemaker

Hello

Thank you for your help Clandestine. I didn't quite well understand the first solution regarding waveforms and initial load. I will appreciate if you can explain further :). I tried the second solution and it only saves your presets as original. For example I take some bass sound, tweak the knobs and save it in a snapshot. Then after I load a project in my DAW and load a sound from the snapshot all knobs are back to default. It doesn't save a tweaked sound only original version of it.

Thank you.

6. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Sorry 4 the late response fica only got home last night. Forget wt I said about waveforms that was part of th same post I posted a while back regarding this topic but no real benefit here. I have re-looked at analog lab & for me personally it is a mess! To be impartial that could be the version I have tried which is the same as yours.

1.) There some real problems with this software as far as I concerned.

2.) Making presets, recall, storage etc is a joke but thre are probably reasons 4 that. Analog Lab of course is a tool whereby they basically lump all the legacy products together and out of them you have Sound/Multi/Live.

3.) The software is pretty slow, loading times are bad, CPU usage is high. The parts that are "greyed out" are all to do with which mode you are in

4.) You also have the studio view and filter view where you select your preferences etc. The filtering system is pretty bad imo.

5.) The presets would normally be stored in ProgramData but for Analog Lab it a bit different & they stored in a preference etc for example examine the folder structure in ProgramData as opposed to others.

6.) Also remember that this software is streamlined to work with the Arturia controller which may or may not make the process better.

7.) Could go on for ever but after testing it for a while IMO avoid this software or buy it and complain lol! Is buggy as hell, the interface/GUI bad, preset recall a joke however remember much is based on the legacy product and multi out of two or more legacy products. As for making a sound well again you are making a sound/tweaking a preset from legacy and then storing it is a nightmare.

8.) You have to spend a while getting to know the product and reading the manual a must but doesn't help much imo.

9.) Snapshots work but they fussy & navigating between modes a problem.

10.) Bottom line, you can make presets and store them but the whole syetem is a mess imo.
    Whether that's down to me or the version I have tried I don't know.
    My advice would be don't use this product unless it's just the version I have tried. Can't be impartial here as I don't own it.
    Will try the demo if available.

The product has so much potential and the idea is fabulous but it has been really badly done imo.
    Maybe a long term user can help you more fruitfully in this case.
    Will report back if I find improvements etc and sorry I can't be much more helpfull at this moment in time :wink:

Good luck :mates:

7. fica

fica Noisemaker

Hello

Thank you very much for you help I appreciate :wink:. Software is a mess, but some sounds are great, I must find some other VSTs with analog sounds :). For now I will get away from this software and wait for them to fix all the bugs and then I will think about buying it. Btw I saw few days ago that people that bought the product having similar issues with presets and graphics.

Thank you again for you help :). All the best!!! :)