Arturia V Collection Preset Converter Problems and solutions

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Olymoon, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

analoglab-image.png
    From Arturia 2016 06 27 at 5:34 GMT:
    As we have modified in the V Collection 5 the sound engines of our software instruments the presets from the V Collection 4 were not compatible.
    This new preset converter allows you to open in the latest versions all the sounds you made in the past.

But, as Arturia is Arturia, there are a lot of problems with this converter, so we can exchange solutions here. BTW they call it preset updater.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  3. wouala woualouf

wouala woualouf Platinum Record

'Arturia is arturia'...

It is a chance they release it so quickly, even if it is bugged or lack some features.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  4. Aliens

Aliens Guest

Attention.
    All those playing the 'I'm wouala woualouf and I hate U-he and I'm gonna tell every body again and again' game, please drink up now. :trashing:

Good that Arturia have released, even if it may be a bit early.
    I'm sure they'll get it working right soon enough as it's in their long term interest.

5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Even having argument to answer to wouala woualof, I wont (I'm the owner of an Arturia Keylab so I know first hand what is this enterprise policy) I prefer to stick to the subject: The converter.

6. Aliens

Aliens Guest

:)

7. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

Thanks for the info guys, I think I'm gonna hold onto my Collection 4 as well for now (it's not like they take up THAT much room on my 1tb system drive).... and since both can co-exist.... at least for now... I haven't even installed the new ones yet, as not the biggest arturia fan, but am interested to see how they improved... maybe they are better....

I guess with that I should be able in concept to have my cake and eat it too right?

Most of my presets were saved at a DAW level anyways, so the preset converter probably won't be a big help to me, hadn't really taken that into my mental consideration.... So the patches are what they are.... I guess if important I COULD save them differently, and convert them.... But I usually create a lot of stuff from scratch anyways...

I ramble, but thanks Olymoon and Plomerus for the continued updates on this! :wink::mates::bow::bow: