Arturia V Collection NKS-Update (Win) is possible

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by myramalou, Nov 3, 2015.

1. myramalou

myramalou Kapellmeister

Hi Friends, i found a way to use Arturia V Collection 4.03 in Windows. First you have to install The V-Collection 4.02 from R2R (search on the sistersite). Than make a backup from every dll and exe file. After this, go to the arturia website and download the "Welcome App (V Collection 4 Installer)". After Downloading and installing all, you delete the new dll and exe files and copy the old one inside. Open now standalone maschine 2.4 and komplete Kontrol 1.5 and you see everything of the v-collection nks. Works perfect for me on Win 10 and win 8.1. Best wishes (and thänx a lot for the great R2R 4.02 release) myramalou

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. j.cnnr

j.cnnr Kapellmeister

Hi....Could you explain, where you do the backup folders exactly? only in: Programfiles/Arturia, VSTPlugins, or some more? you do the backup manually? or use any application? I have seen that there are many dll also in the C/Programdata/Arturia folder....

"Welcome App" also installs "Arturia Control Center" are any problem with that?

Thanks for the help, I have tried many ways, but have had little success so far..

4. Lette

Lette Ultrasonic

Works like a charm - thanks man! :wink:

5. j.cnnr

j.cnnr Kapellmeister

Hi, can you explain the steps to make the backup, or in that folders you make it?
    Thanks

6. myramalou

myramalou Kapellmeister

if you have install the 4.02, you make a copy of the 13 exe files and a copy of the 13 vst-dll files(32 or 64 bit) to a save place. Than you install the new 4.03 version. It will install the new nks files, the vst dll files (32 or 64) and the new exe files. Now you delete the new vst dll and paste inside the old backuped vst files. The same with the exe files. Now you have 4.02 vst dlls and 4.02 exe files and the new 4.03 nks files. Scan everything with standalone maschine 2.4 and KK 1.5 and it will work.

whwn you are using cubase vst3 files do the same with this. backup the old , install the new, replace them with the old.

7. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

exe files?

8. myramalou

myramalou Kapellmeister

exe files are the standalone versions of the arturia synth and normal located at programme (x86) / Arturia. If you couldnt see the exe ending, you must change it in windows to see the fileending. Perhaps you have not installed the standalone, you must only delete the new standalone files

9. j.cnnr

j.cnnr Kapellmeister

Sorry , I followed all your steps, and I've got some working, but there are several that do not work, such as Solina, Vox, and Matrix, although their presets appear in the Maschine browser, but when i try to open, a window that says: "Could not open plugin " appears....

I don't understand my problem, then i think that i have to wait for 4.0.3 for Win

10. myramalou

myramalou Kapellmeister

hi j.cnnr. you tested all after your 4.02 installation ?, because after all, you have the same only with the nks files, and some other folders in ni ressources (like image). when its working before, it should work after it too, because you nothing chance. You can try to delete the new exe and dll files and install 4.02 again. it should be the same result. Which daw you are using?

11. j.cnnr

j.cnnr Kapellmeister

i'm using Maschine 2.4 and Komplete Kontrol 1.5

One question, when i have the backup of .Exe and Dll saved, is important to uninstall 4.02, before installing 4.03 , or is indiferent?

Thanks again for your patience and help

12. myramalou

myramalou Kapellmeister

you should not uninstall 4.02 because i think you uninstall the regestry and the content path too. only copy vst and standalone files and copy them after installing 4.03 over 4.02 back again, befor you delete the new ones.

13. j.cnnr

j.cnnr Kapellmeister

Nothing to do mate, another time, i repeat all the operation like you did, but always the same result , when installed 4.0.2 all plugins work well, but no NKS presets in Maschine or K Kontrol , but if i make the update to 4.0.3 and then copy again the 4.0.2 .exe and Dll s , to the folders....some plugins start to crash again , Solina, Matrix, Vox...
    I think i tried too many times, and I'm going to stop until an "liberated" 4.0.3 update becomes for windows, but if someone is having the same problems,or have the solution, i will be grateful to know.

Thanks always in all ways!:wink:

14. j.cnnr

j.cnnr Kapellmeister

Hello again, finally i think I've found a way that seemed to work for me, and it might for others too.

Investigating, i discovered that the demo version 4.0.3 installs the new presets on this route:
    C/ProgramData/Arturia/(ARP 2600, Matrix,Solina etc...)
    Exactly the new presets are installed in a folder called "ThirdParty" that goes into each plugin folder.

I installed 4.03 Vcollectión demo first, then i collected all the "Thirdparty" folders " IN C/ProgramData/Arturia/"
    and once i have them all, i uninstall the Vcollection 4.03 demo, and install the 4.0.2 R2R, and put all folders "ThirdParty" in the path: C/ProgramData/Arturia/(ARP 2600, Matrix,Solina etc...)

i have little time testing, but so far it seems to work well, and have not had the crashes that happened with the Myramalou method

I hope it can be helpfull for others

Thank you.

15. myramalou

myramalou Kapellmeister

great, the most important is, now you can make music using these synths

16. fica

fica Noisemaker

Hello

Is there still a bug when you load project with Analog Lab and when it loads in your DAW pacthes are restored to default?

17. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

well done!