Arturia Synth V-Collection - Prophet-VS Unexpected error on gui loading [Solved]

Discussion in 'Software' started by BEAT16, May 13, 2022.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Arturia Synth V-Collection 2022.5 - 11.05.2022 V.R

- Prophet-VS Unexpected error on gui loading
    - Vocoder V Unexpected error on gui loading
    - Emulator II V Unexpected error on gui loading

Can anyone help?

EDIT: The problem is solved, you also have to install the "standalone".

Last edited: May 13, 2022

Attached Files:

3. Memphiz maxx

Memphiz maxx Newbie

V.r cracks are weak ‍♂️

4. Jo53x

Jo53x Newbie

Hi @BEAT16 , I hope you're doing great!
    I'm having exactly the same issue even after installing the stand-alone versions.
    I noticed there is an option to install Machine and Komplete Kontrol, did you mean any of those by "standalone" by chance?
    I need the instruments working inside my Reaper DAW. I get the same errors outside of Reaper as well, any thoughts?

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hi @Jo53x, thanks I'm fine. From Arturia to Native Instruments...!

What operating system?
    Which Machine and Komplete Kontrol version - please the exact name?
    What error message do you have?

6. Jo53x

Jo53x Newbie

I'm glad you're fine!
    Windows 10
    I have not installed either the Machine or Komplete Kontrol version included in the V.R. installer yet. I have installed VST2s, VST3s and "stand-alones" only.
    Exactly the same error messages you took screenshots of and uploaded to this thread. Same ones as you had.
    Thanks in advance for any help!

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I'm afraid I don't know what the problem is. Try your luck with the bobdule versions:

1.) Native Instruments Maschine v2.15.2 WiN-bobdule
    2.) Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol v2.7.2 WiN-bobdule

8. recycle

recycle Guest

Yes, I noticed that is a common problem for many plugins: they need to have every option selected during installation (AU, VST AAX , standalone) otherwise they won't work

9. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

Try installing the resouces in the default folder (do not change the default folders during installation).
    Good luck!

10. Jo53x

Jo53x Newbie

Thanks, think I'm gonna try that!

11. Jo53x

Jo53x Newbie

Thanks for your suggestion!
    Yes, I actually did it as you advise, I think (at least with respect to the default locations where content is stored), the second time I tried installing, but it's not working yet. I completely deleted any trace of the 1st installation in Local Drive, and even went to "Registry" and deleted any traces of Arturia there as well.
    So in your machine it's working after installing aax, VSTs, stand-alones, Machine and Komplete Kontrol altogether?

12. Jo53x

Jo53x Newbie

Thanks for you reply! Let me ask you something to make sure I understand, in your machine it's working after installing aax, VSTs, stand-alones, Machine and Komplete Kontrol altogether?

13. Jo53x

Jo53x Newbie

Sorry, I have a question, if I unsintall, say Komplete Kontrol and Machine, after completing the full installation, do you think the Arturia instruments will keep working properly? Do the stand-alones and VSTs/aax work fine in your machine?

14. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

So, the first time I installed I changed the default location for the resources files, and then I had the GUI errors and missing sample erros. Then I reinstalled without changing the default location, but also kept the files in the previous installation folder (I had forgotten to delete them). Then I copied the contents of the previous location to the default one, substituting the files in the destination folder. But I didn't delete the contents in the previous folder. No more errors. And no, I did not install the NI files nor aax (just vst2 and standalones). Hope it helps.

15. Jo53x

Jo53x Newbie

Thank you bunches for sharing! Let's see how it goes...

16. Jo53x

Jo53x Newbie

Well, I don't know how you got it to work, lucky you, but I've tried pretty much everything in my power, but didn't work out. Even tried installing in safe mode, but without success.
    Such a disappointment, especially for the wasted time.
    It is the 1st time this happens to me with a V.R. installer. Guess there's always a first for everything.
    Now, there's no help for it, but to look for another 80s synth emulation collection alternative. Thanks anyway.

*EDIT: Actually, I've just found the reason why some people get the error messages and some others don't; this is for all those music creators who might at some point find themselves struggling with this installation. You need to create a symlink in "C:\ProgramData\Arturia" of the folder "Samples," which should be installed in an external/separate drive (or not, depends on where you choose to install it), inside the Arturia "common data" folder (during the installation, I think it corresponds to the 3rd box you need to fill in). A symlink is basically a file created inside a folder, for example, that does not contain any information in itself, but leads to a different location where the actual content or data is. You can look up video tutorials on how to create a symlink, it's pretty easy. Now I'm not disappointed at all, after all; no one cares, but I do.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Revisiting this, just wanted to confirm Jo53x's solution for me too.

Everything was working with this install, then suddenly OP-Xa is no longer loadable. So I tried to uninstall/reinstall and when I did so, I might have messed something up. CS-80 V4, MS-20, OP-Xa, Prophet VS and Prophet VS no longer working (won't scan in Reaper, so they don't show in the list of plugins). Also, not a single VST3 works.

So, I re-installed yet again... still same thing. This time I had a look in d:\arturia (default install directory for program data when I run the installer, which I left as is) and also c:\programdata\arturia. First thing I noticed was that anything from Synth Collection that was working was set up as a symlink in c:\programdata\arturia, whereas anything that wasn't working had it's own "physical" folder in c:\programdata\arturia.

So I deleted the folders for the broken VSTs from c:\programdata\arturia and then created symlinks to d:\arturia\xxx for them.
    (Ex: mklink /D "C:\ProgramData\Arturia\KORG MS-20 V" "D:\Arturia\KORG MS-20 V")

Lesson learned: be careful changing the program data location in the installer, as you can run into some fun with that.

Everything works now, except VST3, for some reason. No big deal on that, but not a single VST3 shows up in Reaper for Arturia. Kind of odd to me. The vst3 files are definitely in a scanable folder, but none of them are showing in reaper-vstplugins64.ini, and none of them show as having plugins that failed to scan.. as though they were just ignored. If anyone happens to have a fix, that'd be appreciated.. but using just VST2 is fine by me.