Arturia Plug-Ins (Mac) Patch Issue

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Borders, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Borders

Borders Newbie

Hello peeps,

I recently made the error of trying to upgrade my (cracked) Arturia Plug-Ins to get those sweet new synths. Well, using the terminal patching scripts that is in all the Arturia torrents for Mac made it so the plug-ins aren't showing up in Live anymore.

Apparently, when I use the patching script, it somehow makes my DAWs (Cubase, Live 10 and Live 11) register the plug-ins as 32-bit, and so they won't run. Figured this must be the case as Cubase gives me the "This plug-in has been deactivated as Cubase can't run 32-bit plug-ins" error message. When I just install the plug-in they show up and run in demo mode, and then I patch them, and they don't show up anymore.

For some weird reason, the OB-Xa plug-in seems to work, but none of the others do. I can't see any difference in the script. I'm running Mojave, legit DAWs. I get the same issue when using torrents with pre-patched installers.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Could anyone more knowledgable than me suggest a solution?

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

seen where the patches reference different (nonexistent) folders in the commands so they aren't codesigned . missed instructions like:

Run this command on Terminal before using any Terminal Patches:
    sudo chmod -R 777 /patch

and a few others. you should provide more info about the release you are trying to use.

4. chestbox

chestbox Noisemaker

noob here, can you maybe clarify?
    i'm on high sierra, trying to install collection v8 and fx collection 2021. both releases require to run sudo chmod -R 777 /patch in terminal, before applying patches. what to do when it says "no such file or directory"? is this where batchmod comes into play? i've never used it before, so still a bit confused about this

edit: turns out i didn't need to do so. i could just run each patch

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  5. BigM

BigM Guest

I think you need to do it from begining. Clear all the files of previous installation, including library/application support. Search for arturia and delete necessary files.

Reinstall plugins and replace patch files.

Then dequarentine files by following command,

Sudo xattr -cr "drag the file or location"

Then open the daw.

In macos patched files are always blocked ,make sure to repeat the command for every patched files.

6. unation

unation Newbie

Hi! I am a new bee and do not understand how the patch command works.... I open terminal on my mac osx and
    1. I paste
    " sudo chmod -R 777 /patch"
    and then I drag and drop the plugin patch in the terminal... as an example:
    Pre1973.command
    the answer fro the terminal is

"
    Password:

Sorry, try again.

Password: "

My i ask uou please some help to finally get How to proceed?

Thank yo so much for your attention.

Best.

7. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Use the new patches by XDIE

… and know your admin PW

8. BigM

BigM Guest

After running the sudo command it will ask for a password. Type your mac password and hit enter again.

I think you are using an older release, maybe? Try Trazor/XDIE releases.