Arturia Pigments Wavetables

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nana Banana, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

Hey guys, I am in the process of trying to figure out how to export the factory Wavetables within Pigments, and it looks as if they might be proprietary. On windows you can find them here:

C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Pigments\resources\internal_presets\wt\Factory

Has anyone ever seen a wavetable that, when opened in notepad plus look like this?

[​IMG]

I'm not even sure how a Wav file can end up this way. Does anyone with savvy understand this scheme at all? Please let me know if you do ...Thanks! I'm going to keep "digging" and see what I can come up with. In the end I wanted to export them and use them within other Wavetable synths.

3. refix

refix Platinum Record

hmm... interesting. from just a cursory glance, i would say the main data segment of the node ("ARZzZ... etc) is some sort of raw format ( raw PCM, binary, etc) that has been packed (compressed, encrypted) and possibly obfuscated. it is of a nominal segment size and all the 'A's are padding with an escape sequence at the end. a bit unusual because it is not hex format. it would however be read like any other file and unpacked into memory, there it would await whatever nefarious purpose the program had for it.

the protection flag is maybe a parameter that protects the data in memory when 'user' segments are flushed (?)

this is only speculation, but that's all i got. maybe someone else is more familiar with these protocols.

suffice to say, you will have a hard time getting the tables into other synths.

4. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

Thanks for your reply! That totally makes sense speculation or not! I'm going to use your hypothesis as a starting point to hunt down the elusive tables possibly hiding in memory. I had been searching in temp areas to no avail yesterday :rofl:I totally overlooked RAM. This all might be futile in the end, but the hunt itself is fun :wink: