Arturia Pigments latest v5 Ableton 11 laggy on Win10 PC

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Putinaros22, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Putinaros22

Putinaros22 Member

hi to everyone ,

after i updated it to version 5 its difficult to use it . It freezes for a while , then lags , then stops , then starts again etc .... previous versions had no problems .

Anyone else with these issues ?

3. Putinaros22

Putinaros22 Member

Anyone with the same issues ? Its not a new PC but never had similar problems . I have updated my graphics card drivers to the last version and again the same .

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Arturia doesnt really optimize their code, instead they add new features.
    one of the reasons i avoid Arturia plugins.

5. Putinaros22

Putinaros22 Member

I have read similar cases in previous versions and their answer was .... you need to update your graphics card drivers ....... ok but first you need to optimize your fuckin code to be compatible with my graphics card drivers because i have updated them and still . . . . I hardly use Arturias Synths but this one is good i like it .

6. Putinaros22

Putinaros22 Member

After the Update to Pigments 5 - Freezes and crashes - Software Instruments / Pigments - The Sound Explorers Community (arturia.com)

Another one .... the problem as i have examined is on the drivers of the graphics card . Mine stopped updated in the end of 2022 . They build gui on latest cards - drivers . They just dont care . Lets see if they do something .

7. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

the graphics card driver is surely an issue right, but like i wrote it is known that arturia stopped caring about their code being optimized, so you could use more plugins in a session.

why should they care, if some graphics card stopped support?

look, i know for a fact, that some companies like lenovo claim to have no graphics card updates for example intel HD graphics in their older CPU's, yet i was able to install graphics drivers directly from intel, which worked fine.

Maybe you can try the same, bcs Arturia wont adress that - bcs they build their plugins on the newest Graphics versions so to speak.
    (I am not even sure if they use JUCE at all, if they do, then yeah it will for sure needed updated drivers.). So nothing Arturia could do about that then.

You can always go back to Pigments 4, if it doesnt work.

8. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

install sysinternal utilities. Run process explorer. now start your workflow and when things start lagging
    press alt-tab and flip to the process explorer screen and sort by cpu to see whats bogging things down.

also click the black bar at the top to open a graph and see at what point in time which programs started hogging resources.

run autoruns to see what services and apps are starting when your computer boots and turn off all the shit you aren't using like fax service and other fucked up windows shit like google updates and adobe pdf etc..

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

light a candle or curse the darkness...

9. PsyShout

PsyShout Newbie

my nuendo is stuck with pigments update 5 and not working, I spoke to Arturia and they sent me downgraded version 4 which works fine