Arturia LX-24 CPU usage

Discussion in 'Software' started by towerdefense, Jun 23, 2023.

1. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

I couldn't find any hint about using IRs on their homepage, rather the opposite:
    Spring 636: Original electronic path accurately modeled, using Arturia’s state-of-the-art TAE® analog modeling
    LX-24: Classic digital algorithmic reverb effect ... 8 perfectly-emulated original reverb algorithms
    :dunno:

2. towerdefense

towerdefense Guest

Native Instruments/Softube's 224 plugin is the only other 224 emulation I've tried. If there is a 224 mode for ReLab LX480 I didn't try it. To me the algorithm doesn't really sound like anything special, but I do like having plugins for any hardware/old effect for the sake of preservation.

Also yes, LX480 & Softube's 224 uses less CPU than Arturia LX-24.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Has anyone tried the Slate Verbsuite Classics 224/224XL expansion? Not the best demo* options of anything from LiquidSonics available on Mac.

4. Blu

Blu Producer

Relab LX480 is a clone of Lexicon 480 L not the 224. UAD has the 224 (they claim they had the original algorithms) and with the same settings (possible only in specific circumstances because Arturia have a different Mid and Low Decay/crossover implementation)) Arturia and UAD sound the same.

5. Smoove Stack

Smoove Stack Kapellmeister

Jesus !!! I am not homophobic at all. But even a coffee in Paris sounds a litlle bit like' full of glitter in the air' Nothing against

6. towerdefense

towerdefense Guest

There's a folder called "IRs" for Plate and something similar for Springs (or the other way around I forget) in ProgramData/Arturia/Samples

upload_2023-7-29_18-4-35.png
    These are merely links to blogposts explaining TAE & Physical Modeling, they weren't specifically created for either their spring or plate reverb. For all we know they could just be referring to the input/output transformers for TAE or Physical Modelling. A bit misleading imo, since they definitely are impulse response reverbs yet don't mention it, whilst the blogposts would make you think the exact opposite!

LX 24 doesn't seem to be IR-based by the fact there's no IRs in the sample folder, but the performance impact makes it seem like it is. An update since I reinstalled the entire bundle (which takes like 20 minutes btw): uses 15% of my CPU, even more than I had remembered.

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

Even with all the graphics files, it may be safer than Breverb2: (think i will just stick to RC24/48)
    My LX-24 instance also shows about 15%; the same as yours. I find this really difficult to believe.

https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/27...with-rematrix-breverb-2-and-springage-plugins

Overloud Reverb Bundle Specifications:
    System Compatibility: Each plugin in the Reverb Bundle is available as an AudioUnit (Mac), RTAS (Pro Tools 8/9), AAX64 (Pro Tools 10/11) and VST plugins, as well as a standalone application. Both 32-bit and 64-bit are natively supported. You can authorize these plugins on up to three computers that you own and one USB stick with a simple one-click software procedure (no hardware key required)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2023
  8. capitan crunch

capitan crunch Producer

The same reason NASA musicians don't use Arturia!