Arturia Keylab mkii with Cubase 12 integration

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by oldskoolproductions, May 16, 2022.

1. oldskoolproductions

oldskoolproductions Producer

Hello.

I recently purchased an arturia keylab MKii. Having issues with the integration in cubase 12. When I set up the MIDI controller in DAW mode it provides pretty much most of the functionality. I get transport controls faders for channel volumes and panning.

The issue I'm having is setting up the focused quick controls available in cubase so I can change parameters of vsts.

I've tried remapping all the buttons and faders using the new MIDI remote mapping in cubase 12. But it's not functioning correctly. If anyone has any ideas on how to map this keyboard to cubase then that would be amazing.

Thanks.

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

User barnfield says:

Despite the somewhat immature operation of the new MIdi Remote System described by @akStudio, you can configure and assign almost anything that outputs midi commands as a controller in Cubase super fast. Really super done.

The naming of the Quickcontrols was a bit sloppy. There has always been a distinction between the QCs and the VST-QCs.
    Both can be addressed in the "Studio Settings" even in C12 in the conventional way to certain controllers.

In the new "MIdi Remore Assistant" the "VST QCs" are now confusingly called "Focus QCs", but they are one and the same.... These Focus QCs can now address all plugins, not only the instruments but also the effects. And they got their own control bar in the plugin window.

The stupid thing is that in the new system you can now apparently only assign 8 Focus QCs and no longer, as before, several "pages" a 8 QCs between which you can switch.

There is another restriction regarding the effect plugins. Up to now you could address all parameters of a loaded FX plugin simultaneously in the "Generic Remote". Now, unfortunately, this is no longer possible and you have to make do with the 8 focus QCs, which are also only addressable if the corresponding plug-in window has the focus or the lock status is activated.

Source: https://recording.de/threads/cubase-12-features-midi-remote-control.249993/page-2

4. oldskoolproductions

oldskoolproductions Producer

Problem solved.

I found a way to get the keyboard to use DAW mode and USER mode. USER mode working hand-in-hand with the Cubase Midi Remote Manager. I created a Script and it is solid.

Cheers.

5. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

What did you do exactly? Thinking about getting the Keylab mk2 and i'm a Cubase user