Arturia has updated all their Synths and added 2 xtra

Discussion in 'Software' started by MaschineMan, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I hear horror stories about these guys. How lame. At least they're headed in a better direction, who knows if they will ever get there.

2. Montgent

Montgent Kapellmeister

I think their synths are worth whatever eccentricities they've demonstrated. It seems they're expanding the whole company over there and actually making an effort to catch up on all the customer complaints over the last decade or so.

3. Nawhak

Nawhak Ultrasonic

Hi all!
    Here are some news about the corrupted runtime error I had that some of you may encounter too.
    I uninstalled all Visual C++ libraries to make a fresh install of them (2005 to 2013) but nothing worked.

So, I reinstalled SEM V (v1.2 that shows up as 1.1.7) once again but without VST3 dll this time and it's working now.
    It seems being pissed off made me focus on Arturia but Sonar X3 may be responsible for this mess in the end.

Trying to be constructive so as to help the community I thought it was good to let you know about that guys.

Cheers all.

4. mono

mono Audiosexual

all the plugins are back again for win and mac but the AiR keys dont work,
    you can get the demos and updates from here.

http://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yeah I was just talking to someone about that, that the AiR gens wouldn't work since they changed up the protection. Won't buy from them until I see that they're headed in a different direction. This is only the beginning and they're going to have to work really hard to win back my support. Being legit should be seamless. Can't deal with piracy, stop making VSTs. Stop making music and sharing your thoughts with other people while you're at it.

6. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

All updates (and 2 new demos) are back on the site now, with a slightly higher revision than yesterday (e.g. Analog Lab at version 1.2.0.405 instead of 1.2.0 update from yesterday) - so I suppose I will need to delete yesterdays and download again today, as there must have been something wrong with yesterdays versions and that's probably why they took them down.

7. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

You should be able to upgrade from version 3 to version 4 for 99 Euros - which considering the Matrix 12 V is selling for 169 Euros and The Solina V alone is selling for 99 Euros - it is probably an ok deal :)

8. hfeuhfz7342hf724

hfeuhfz7342hf724 Noisemaker

Cannot understand why those companies just don't use simple serial protection system like U-he.

I'm not gonna open my system to some shade "Software Center" - so sorry Arturia (again) no money from me (would buy the Solina in an instand if it wasn't for that stupid protection).

Now happy that I can spend the saved bucks on U-he/TAL products (which are better anyways). :wink:

9. tek909

tek909 Member

Yes, I was able to upgrade for 99$. Strange thing, I was never told I also "owned Vox Cont." before I upgraded to version4 either.

10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

A Synthopia visitor said this and it reflects my thoughts exactly:

"Maybe it’s just my personal opinion, but Arturia’s synths all sound kind-of “same-ish” to my ears. I cant hear the distinctive difference in sound from Moog Modular and ARP2600, they all have their own famous signature character that I just can hear in the plugins…the same goes for the rest of the pack, with maybe a SEM V as an exception, because they’ve nailed it pretty good (and yes, I had the chance to play a real Oberheim 8-Voice, so I know what I’m talking about). I’ve used Arturia’s stuff quite a lot in the past, but less so, nowadays. There are simply better alternatives now. OPX-PRO II for that Oberheim sound, U-he Diva for pretty much everything else. Even the cheapo TAL stuff sounds more authentic. I have a real Minimoog model D here, and while I agree that it’s more convenient to take a laptop with software synths on stage, for studio work, that’s where all the difference in “pro” quality sound comes from. You simply can’t beat the hardware, yet. People are fooled into thinking that they’re buying the real synth emulation, what they actually get is a certain “Arturia” sound (which you may or may not like) with different feature sets and brilliantly designed GUI’s that look like the real deal. Yes, we’re getting there with new emulations, but not just yet. Big sound still need big toys. This is excellent for live situations, but for the critical studio work, I always prefer the hardware."

Keep it real, cheers! :wink:

11. Montgent

Montgent Kapellmeister

I updated my Analog Lab. That Matrix 12-V in there brings my computer to it's knee's. It's disappointing, cause I was really looking forward to messing around with it.

12. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

There is no doubt that the Arturia emulations have no character to the oscillators at least most of them. They all sound the same and it's got this fuzziness to the sound, best way that I can describe it.