Arturia Filter MS-20 FREE :)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by aymat, Dec 21, 2022.

1. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

Would it effect the team v.r release if I installed it from their site?

4. ziked

ziked Producer

The offer is mostly for existing customers since you need an account. It's free so you can see if you get banned without losing anything.

5. kokorico

kokorico Platinum Record

I have an arturia account and it does not work with sister site softwares. I tried....

6. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

What do you mean? Everyone can create an account and get it for free, not just existing customers.

You will probably not be able to use it at the same time as you have any Arturia releases from the sister site installed, but the MS-20 filter will probably be available in R2R or V.R releases in a couple of days.

7. thedarkbird

thedarkbird Platinum Record

Nice stuff! Just works if you have an Arturia account.

This is not just a filter, it is a full option filter with distortion, envelopes, step sequencer, function generator, ... Not just a free dumbed-down version of a paid addon. This IS the paid addon... but free. :)

8. is it save to install through the software center, or will it mess up with installations from the sister site?

9. ziked

ziked Producer

What I mean was, if you're not a paying Arturia customer, you'd be better off not making an account, and instead getting the user-friendly liberated version from the sister site. Their free offer is best served for those who are already customers and want a freebie while it lasts. Because there are apparently conflicts between different releases.

10. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

It's pretty much always better to use the sister site versions (especially R2R), even if you already own all of Arturia's plug-ins :wink: In the R2R release for the MS-20 filter it says:
    I don't think V.R Arturia releases work alongside the legit versions though.