ARTURIA EMULING Vintage Delay !!!!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Dvus I, Aug 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Dvus I

Dvus I Kapellmeister

3. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Oh yeah
    Then reverbs) imho

4. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

cool, need to try the demo, for me it gets interesting when you drive the delay into infinity and how it distorts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

yea good idea...3643 delays are not ennough...no
    but they need to eat so..

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. dtmd

dtmd Platinum Record

Fuck delays, reverbs, eqs, comps, synths. In every nut and bolt, scratch, bend.. arturias precise skeuomorphic representation of famous (not strip, whole desk) desk consoles would be great, no matter how many terabytes of disk space is needed for pristine graphical resources and few kilobytes od mediocre code. "EMI TG12345 MK IV" (those NCC-1701 'sliders', man) for start, just for show it can be done seamlessly. "Warp your sound, to the other side of possible".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

The interfaces look nice. I've seen others emulating that Boss RE-20 delay. I wonder how Arturia's version compares. I've only used their Pigments synth and MiniFilter. Being honest, Pigments is a fun synth to use but I wasn't blown away by the sound of the filters or the saturation/distortion, which is kind of a large part of what makes emulations.

8. Three Delays you'll actually use.

Three Delays you'll actually download the crack and forget about thirty minutes after using just once, more like.

The same old same old. Over and over and over again.

The Space Echo.

:deep_facepalm: Oh whoopy doo dah. I can hardly wait.

Klytus, I'm bored. Peel me a grape.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

We are here to serve you, Master Plange!

[​IMG]

10. Let's see now.

UAD Galaxy Tape Echo (Once upon a time the official emulation until Roland and UAD argued about the contract)

AudioThing Outer Space Vintage Tape Echo (Music Radar: Could AudioThing’s Outer Space plugin be the best Roland Space Echo emulation yet?)

Genuine Software GS-201 Tape Echo

And that's just three.

What is it, exactly, that Arturia intend bringing to the table that Universal Audio, AudioThing and GSi have not already brought?

:speaker:

11. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

Have to agree here, in my more ignorant days. I remember trying out software like a madman left right and center, til my hardrive was like 80% bloatware.I'd have like 10 compressors where I'd only use one for example. If developers want to put something out there the people will buy. It doesn't have to be 100% original, but it does have to be 100% inovative.

12. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Money to their own coffers. That is rather the whole point else they would just sit on some beach begging Euros on the French Riviera.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  13. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Arturia? Naahhh...

14. teknomix

teknomix Kapellmeister

It's funny read haters about a new release from a good developer... the same haters maybe are waiting and praying for a "new R2R end summer" release... what a joke... :mad:

15. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

There are huge differences when it comes to the sound and behavior of the feedback.
    Most get harsh sounding without any charakter. Hit just one chord and ride them to infinity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Gyro Gearloose

yea we such haters cause of a few questioning questions
    pls keep youre r2r feeblemindedness in r2r threads..please just do that and leave this shit out here...btw...some of them commenters here have multible k studios , they kno how money works
    that dev implys that his customers are horders btw lol

they going the same shit road like NI...gosh what i loved this company but not anymore...no no

like propellehead did in reason but its seq i dont want get along with..

17. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

That's pretty subjective. It's not my MO to trash them. I'm sure they make lots of cool stuff; I hear overwhelmingly positive things about their preamp plugins. But Pigments was the first thing they made that really caught my attention, and while there is a lot to like about it, the way it's been handled doesn't encourage me to buy anything else from them.

I won't bore you with my pros-and-cons assessment of Pigments as a whole, but they market it like a flagship synth/workhorse, and it's missing several things (the majority of which relate to lack of routing flexibility) that any workhorse should have. Plus the update schedule is slow. I just don't really expect them to make Pigments into the synth it should be, which is a shame because its shortcomings are mostly simple/minor but important things.

18. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Arturia's famous audio... pardon - graphics quality? :mad: :rofl:

19. dtmd

dtmd Platinum Record

Shittiest, filthiest, semi-functional real desk, will 'probably', in any aspect imaginable, be more 'beneficial' than "precise circuit model mimicking analogue approximation behaviour" software 'desk'. Roland cloud SH-101, or that behringer MS-101shit? If I - as any greedy, all everything needy mf out there - don't have $$$ (euro, yen, pound..) for real SH-101, give me the shit, pretty please. Why some geeky savant nobody (or masterminds in NI, Ableton..) in some basement, cant code midi/cv sequencer (let stay for now, out of "analog emulations" murky waters) like Sequentix Cirklon? Octatrack as software? Software (not talking about DAWs, or some (eg cytomic, fab...) serious code developers) is not on that level. Yet. Period. How about some inventiveness in digital domain? Lack of imagination, or...? U-he Hive 2 : Sleek, streamlined, supercharged. Fuck yes, I simply must buy that low cpu supercharged (wo wooden panels, dayumm) beast. While there, twangstrom and colour copy in the basket, of course.

"Pick your passion : Red, Blue, or Grey panels - because we could!" - Roland

Impulse buying "magical, true hardware representation" plugins, not keeping and afterwards spending money on some real "shit", is just.. well.. It is, as it seems. And that's perfectly fine. Someone in marketing or graphical department of arturia for example, somehow gotta make money to buy some eurorack modules perhaps. Not joking, and ("hey fellow greedy 4ever all needy mfkrs, think a little what/when you buying.. and what you can buy for that (monthly, yearly.. spent) money!?") pointing finger in developer who is (imho.. opinions are like rectum..) pimping "better than real thingy magical code, Barby dressed in "analog" skin software", is.. well..... Buy shit people; not shit. Not as suggestion, rather or almost completely, as question.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record

I've downloaded just for test the roland emulation, so tried with simple skank, snare, maybe the reverb can work but i don't like the delay sound, maybe it's just me but i don't find the "organic" thing assiociated with tape echo sound too digital to me

21. Gyro Gearloose

dtmd from UrAnus ...i still fight with youre syntax but i feel you allready...:hifive::metal: