Arturia Analog Lab crashes when loading presets

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kryos, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Kryos

Kryos Newbie

Hello, I'm Kevin. I have installed Analog Lab V v5.4.7. I have Pigments v3.0.0 (more recent versions doesn't work for me), Arturia Synths V Collection 2022.7 and Arturia Keyboards 2022.5. I have a problem when I try to open the pulldown menu (where you can import external presets), when I click there, the plugin crashes and FL Studio shows this error:
    When I installed Analog Lab for the first time the pulldown menu worked. At that time, I had all Arturia plugins data in another hard drive and I changed the data folder in the install plan for each plugin. This hard drive got damaged and after that, I had to re-install all Arturia plugins in their default location. None of them had any problems except Analog Lab.
    I tried re-installing my os (Windows 10) to make a clean installation for the plugin and install all necessary updates. But the problem is still there, and it won't let me load new presets. I hope someone can help me. Thanks

Attached Files:

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Can you try if the "standalone" version produces the same error.
    Attached from the FL Studio forum a PDF from Arturia, but I can not say if it fixes the problem.

Attached Files:

4. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I am assuming you are getting the crash with Analog Lab only.
    I seems unlikely that your version of Pigments or Keyboard Collection would affect this issue.
    I would try to update Analog Lab. I am running v5.6.3.2983-CE- 2023.01.14, along with all the others at that time.
    I seem to have no problem with FL Studio.
    Sometimes one needs to set the plugin to run with "fixed buffers" but I don't recall ever having to do that with Arturia.

As @BEAT16 suggests, test the Standalone and see how that goes...
    Also, what version of FL Studio?

5. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

just checking if anyone installed the newly released VR synth collection, do you have problem with the Matrix 12

6. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Yeah ... not to hijack this thread, but an error on gui loading
    Unexpected error on gui loading

[XML] Error on parse file C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Matrix-12 V2\resources\Matrix-12 V2_gui.xml : Can't find image for button Delay1_Midi_Sync(Arturia::JuceArturiaLib::Button::SetToggleAttributes:824)

7. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Same, I've reinstalled 2 times already, problem still there.. Hoping anyone could tell V.R about this so they can release a fix.

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

This one have no Mtrix 12 Problems: Arturia - V Collection 8 v8.5.0 VSTi - 15.09.2021 - 8,9 GB - R2R

Error on GUI Loading - SOLVED!

I reinstalled my software. Everything seams to be back to normal for now and all of my presets were untouched. For those interested in how I did it, please read below:

First thing I did was went the finder and went to the following path:

System Hard Drive / Library / Arturia / Presets

I made a copy of that folder and placed it on my desktop JUST to be sure my saved presets were not deleted.

Then I went to the Arturia Software Center, clicked on my V Collection 8 item in the list and used the ""Reinstall" option

I waited for everything to be completed, then reopened MainStage. After it finished the standard "new" VI checks and opened, I checked several of my MainStage patches that had various instances of V Collection instruments. They all worked as expected AND all of my user programs were still there.

I then deleted the patch folder I copied to the desktop since everything was still there.

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=108726.0

9. josenacha

josenacha Producer

Make a backup of the .dll and .vst3, and reinstall from the Arturia website only Matrix 12, replace the backup and try

10. Kyunghee

Kyunghee Member

While we're talking about Arturia related issues. Anyone has a problem with the latest VR release of the effects ? A bunch of them dont load for me in Ableton. (I had a similar problem with a previous version and I had to download the effects from the arturia website and then replace each .vst3).

11. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Yeah I extracted from the VR installer to compare the resources directories - all is the same except added .txt files.
    I am in the process of extracting from the R2R to see if I might replace some file(s) -LOL
    I read the same thread as @BEAT16 so i'm glad you've tried already reinstalling :yes:
    I had backed up the Presets, Samples & Shared folders from VR, so I could theoretically install R2R as I did once before, but honestly I have not used the Matrix-12 , so I am in no hurry....:rofl:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

might be a little complicated because I've used custom location for ProgramData file and set it at the V.R Installer. Not sure which folders are symlinked to other directory. Also new installation might overwrite all those shared folders between Arturia products. Hard to explain, but you know what I mean.

13. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I think it is either one BMP file for a "button" or the GUI XML file that point the application to the location of said "button" BMP file. It tried opening the XML file but couldn't find the line for the button and there are like hundreds of "button" BMP files for each resolution and I couldn't find the culprit.

14. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Yes- I compared R2R release resources folder with the VR one and found what seem to be missing folder full of .png images.
    The folder is in (using 100% as example): "Matrix-12 V2\resources\bitmap\bmp\100%\fx\Shared\"
    There is one for each size of course.
    (Also there were a few .xml files with different contents, but did not mess with those yet, if this fixes it.)
    I zipped up the needed folders and will PM you with a Rapidgator link.
    I can also put it on Google drive if needed.
    Let me know how it goes..

15. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

When you install different teams R2R and V.R the most problems occur.
    First backup your data and then uninstall and also delete "All" data in C:\ProgramData\Arturia

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

No uninstallation and no deletion!
    There is no installation going to happen here and no uninstallation or deletion is needed.
    This is a simply adding one folder of graphics with nothing overwritten.
    I've included a reminder to back up the Matrix-12 V2 folder and that is all that should be needed.

For info purposes, the issue in question is what seems to be a missing folder named "Shared" that should present as such (using 100% windows size as example):
    "C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Matrix-12 V2\resources\bitmap\bmp\100%\fx\Shared

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
  17. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Then you only have to solve the problem of the topic starter @Kryos.

18. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Yeah - I have been trying different versions of of Analog Lab but so far I am getting no problem...
    IF I can find anything I'll be sure to follow up.
    I'm hoping @Kryos will post back with his version of FL Studio.
    I have an empty SSD to test stuff and different versions of Windows & Arturia, but for Fl Studio ... not so much.
    If I know what version I'll see if I can get it.