Arturia Analog Lab 4 with V Collection 8

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Hareesh S, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

The latest release of Analog Lab by V.R includes all the NKS files for it, around 5GB for the NKS alone (it has to be the preview audio files) but you have the option to install the NKS or not, I didn't and I never open it in Komplete. Analog Labs has decent librarian/browser system that make it stand on its own and its performance is already a little slow for me, don't to add more to it by opening it in Komplete.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

Yeah I agree, at that point its just compounded latency.
    But back to my original question, any suggestions? TL;DR, I've installed V Collection 8 from R2R, but I need Analog Lab 4 for backwards compatibility.
    (NKS literally makes no difference to me, it just came up in the thread later on. I can get by with having to switch any instances of Stage-73 or Jun-8, but I can't for Analog Lab 4, I've used it EVERYWHERE)

3. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

The advantage by using NKS presets is you don't need to leave your NI controller (KK keyboard and/or Maschine hardware) to return to your computer's keyboard/mouse in order to select another preset (via Komplete Kontrol / Machine 2 browser). It's better for workflow, in particular inside supported DAWs (Cubase, Live, etc). For small (internal) productions, I'm using Live 11 Live, directly from my S61 MK2, without touching my PC, be sure it's lovely.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  4. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

UPDATE: It looks like installing V7 and V8 from R2R(in that order) lets me use Analog Lab 4 too, but I have no idea how the individual instruments that are common between them will react. Time will tell I guess.

5. MozartEstLa

Analog Lab 4 and Analog Lab V are different softwares, both can are installed, but they're common parts due to folders structure (such Samples, presets for regular Arturia instruments eg ARP 2006 V, B-3 V, B-3 V2, and so on)...

Same fact concerning Jup-8 V3 and Jup-8 V4, you can use both in same project (many presets from V3 aren't provided in V4).
    Perhaps true also about old B-3 V and current B-3 V2... and surely others old+current products...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  6. MozartEstLa

I lost my thrust concerning team V.R - for example, recently I've tried (in VM) AAS Chromaphone 3 (from AAS Plugins Pack), but NKS can't recall preset/parameters (from Komplete Kontrol app), having this message: Chromaphone 3's parameters have not been recalled. Please authorize Chromaphone 3 now and re-open your DAW project - meaning the plugin is badly k'ed (Ultra Analog VA-3 works).

From sister site, you can see (often) "Rev2" (sometimes "Rev3") concerning their releases because they work like hard-workers, instead of be more meticulous.

7. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

Yeah I guess I was concerned about the instruments that DIDN'T get a major V update, and how they would respond. So far so good, but I'm kinda pissed the same presets sound so different between AL4 and AL5, and AL5 has an arguably worse GUI(Doesn't focus on the instrument in use, the tag system is worse that AL4 IMO, and there are less macros *Facepalms*)

8. MozartEstLa

Same fact concerning Jup-8 V4 vs. Jup-8 V3, presets are totally different, Arturia have killed its plugin by removing real buttons (existent on hardware)... Jup-8 V3 was better than V4, in my opinion.