@Artillery909 New hip-hop

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by artillery_, Oct 2, 2016.

1. artillery_

artillery_ Newbie

Hello, hope u like my music as much as I do. Please give any feedback.

3. Best Answer
    The music is good, but you have maximized each track out of existence, there's maybe 5-6dB of dynamic range left in each track. Also each track suffers from excess sub-bass, I suggest you need to remaster each track with -0.3dBFS headroom to around K12 meter, and roll of the sub-bass with a 2 pole highpass around 35Hz.

Great musical ideas. It's worth remastering.

4. artillery_

artillery_ Newbie

thanks for the listen. yea i don't put my final mixes usually on Soundcloud and I don't really have any compression or anything on my master output i do need to work on my mixing a whole lot. do you have any recommendations on Virtual Mixing software?

5. Well a lot depends on where you're coming from. If you're relatively new, Studio One has an easy learning curve. Reaper is very affordable and can do almost anything. Samplitude is the best but has a learning curve like the north face of the Eiger. So, welcome to the journey.

For yer tools, well, it's what you want and know how to use already. Waves is much better than it's reputation but if you're paying for it, it really hurts, but you get everything you could need in one stop. IK make very affordable good alternatives. But really you could do it with free plugs if you learn your technique. Variety of Sound is the place to go.

https://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/vst-effects/

If you can master these, you can do anything with anything. If you can't, anything you do, you can't master.

And there's no end of alternatives. You have to decide for yourself.