Arrangement in the electronic musics

Discussion in 'Education' started by foster911, Nov 7, 2015.

1. abletonmax

abletonmax Ultrasonic

permission denied message

2. foster911

foster911 Guest

Mirror Added.

3. HETISFRANK

HETISFRANK Producer

I don't know if it's any good because I haven't watched a single video on the channel myself, but I just came across it and immediately made me think of this particular thread for obvious reasons.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Rhaptapsody/featured

I checked out his little bio and he seems to have solid credentials. I may check a video or two somewhere later this week to see what I personally think about it. Nevertheless, if it's helpful to even just 1 person that sees this thread in the meantime, it was worthwhile posting this link.

4. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

That's essentially why we have genres and sub-genres. The key here is "go learn the basics at the same time you train your ear", that will help you with your awareness of what's going on structurally in any genre. It's better when you can figure out for yourself or at least understand when you read someone else's analysis.

5. foster911

foster911 Guest

Dear kouros, Your presence always imparts an air of dignity with horror to this forum. Members here do not dare even to look at this lovely creature. Maybe they're thinking you're an alien.

6. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

That's enough polishing foster911, my knob is too shiny already,

Yes, I am an alien.. are you racist?

7. abletonmax

abletonmax Ultrasonic

Really? What's wrong with Soundcloud?

Sorry. Can't be arsed to wait 14 minutes for a file to download

8. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Yeah. They should invent something to compress audiofiles and call it "mp3" or something shor like that. :rofl:

Didn't download it either. :bleh:

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

I have been fallen in love with the aliens so is it possible for me to be an alien too? Does a french kiss work, not so deep?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
  10. Aliens

Aliens Guest

I'm flattered, but you're not my type.

11. audiowolf

audiowolf Producer

Evernote is quite useful for keeping track of stuff and backing it up online. You can save text, images.. webpages and even audio clips.

On another note,

This thread has taken a turn for the weird :woot:

12. foster911

foster911 Guest

Yes, It's so better. It's worth everyone here to use it. Win+A and Win+Printscreen hot keys are perfect for me.
    Thanks so much!

Btw, I found a good alternative. Microsoft OneNote available in the office package is more advanced.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
  13. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

You're mistaking love for anal probe. :excl:

14. Yonah

Yonah Newbie

15. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thanks bro! Nothing better than learning.:mates:
    In all eras before 20th century, humans have struggled to find information from everywhere but nowadays, people are trying to analyze and convert them to knowledge, memorize and use them in the real life.

There are millions of things that I am eager to know but unfortunately I sometimes forgot the previous valuable stuffs that I have learned specially in a situations that they are not overlapping each other. For example thinking in the composing side is one thing, turning them to real nowadays music is another thing. I believe that learning curve should be balanced and the time that is consumed for learning the new things should be used in applying the previous ones to real tracks............

100th tip in below link is "Practicing" like kouros said more than 100 times to me but when you're acting like a producer whole time behind your DAW far from theory books or even the MIDI keyboard, what does that mean? Are good mentors of music theory also good producers or they are just spending time discovering the theories by using just real instruments? I have not seen a music theorist to be a producer too till now. Do you know any of them? Perhaps they are just good live performers. Do you think they do not like producing and consider it wasting time?
    http://edmprod.com/100-essential-tips/

But anyway, Thanks so much!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
  16. foster911

foster911 Guest

An analysis:
    What I Learned from Analyzing the Top 100 Tracks on Beatport
    http://edmprod.com/beatport-analysis/
    The most popular genres
    [​IMG]

Your listening preference too?
    Btw, my eyes are weak. Where is the D&B?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  17. Yonah

Yonah Newbie

I am quite familiar with this struggle and i asked myself those kind of questions myself. I have a long way to go until i become a good producer but what i learned so far is that at the end of the day it's all about DETERMINATION, JOY OF LEARNING AND EXPERIMENTING and DISCIPLINE (method/system/organization). The way i handled (and handling) my own frustration as i was lost the in myriad of technical options, sources of content, personal desires and my lack of knowledge in both music theory and DAW of choice is letting go of the desire to create for a while and focusing merely on how to gather and organise learning material and schedule the learning process for the next few months. This is a matter of personal structure and preference but still it comes down to learning basic music theory and practicing each day a little smth (physically with a middi controller) then trying out patterns in your DAW (chord progressions etc), learning various ways of making beats, exploring this for a while, combining the two above, learning sound design fundamentals then choosing one synth to learn it by heart, making your own sounds and combining all the above, learning arrangement techniques and then, of course, mixing. This is not necessary always a linear process but pacing your learning process and mapping out steps and objectives and tracking your progress is vital. Sorry for the long novel here :)

You can leave your email address and i can send you some good study material. Cheers and much inspiration!:wink:

18. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thanks so much Yonah!
    I am so happy for your attention.
    Thinking like a composer and acting like a producer is my goal.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
  19. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

@foster911 nice pie you have there. If you dig deeper in actually listenting Tech House and House tracks you'll realise that there are maybe hundreds of structures according to the style changing from year to year. For anyone wanting to produce saleable electronic dance music, pick the top 10 list, destructure it and make something aalong those lines. Next month you get another top 10 list and so on... until you are up there and set the trend yourself.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  20. foster911

foster911 Guest

I think we can only expect regular structures like (verse,chorus, bridge,...) in just pop and dance genres like House, Trance , ... .

Other my favorite genres like dark ambient or industrial, ... can not be analyzed in this way or maybe we can not categorize them structurally.

Sorry this thread is going to be long. It's because of the importance of this matter and I don't like to open a separate thread for every question. Structure is like a map for building a house (not house track of course). Without a distinct map, you'd produce random ones even by having good elements like mine that look strange and nobody would hit the like button on them.:bleh:

I really don't know I should act structurally or not? By acting in this way, money comes into your pocket but without it making money is going to be f**ked up. As duskwings said: shake your booty and make money.

I also think today most people do not listen much to rare or not much related to any major genre tracks and have stuck to the beatporty dance musics like the above instructor and it's because of the influence of mainstream media. Mainstreams always want regularity in people thoughts and behaviors that to be controllable. Regularity in music is more important than every thing to them. F**k verse and chorus.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2016