Armin van buuren - Gaia

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by xsound, Feb 19, 2018.

1. xsound

xsound Member

Hi, hey, hello everyone!

Just wondering, as for sure there are some electronic enthusiasts here, especially trance ones ')

Lately trying to achieve something similar to lead sound from this track:
    start of sound 2:58

hell yeah there is layering, and sound is not complicated that much, but trying to get 'as close as possible' - no, not to make a release! Heard some demos from producerbox and they came with similar lead, and some presets of Spire are close to it, just want to fix them to sound even better. (no reverb and delays, just raw sound)
    So first of all, you think Spire should be fine to start with?

3. DJK

DJK Rock Star

sounds like super saws, maybe 2 detuned

4. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

Omnisphere (Bandpassed Trancer)

5. loCurnus

loCurnus Ultrasonic

spire

6. seves

seves Noisemaker

from what i hear when the kick hits the square lead has some glitch2 gater effect with the filter on that's what i can say, the producerbox template is similar but the author drew the notes by hand (or in this case with the mouse on the piano roll) so it doesn't sound the same.

7. xsound

xsound Member

yes i have this effect done by dblue glitch, its easy trance gate, plus some automation is not a problem. The raw sound is what i try to do here :)

Spire might have almost 90% chances to get with similar sounding lead after layering, this is my guess. If you run few vsti synths you can easily 'hear' some sound characteristic for plugin, for example vanguard always i hear some metalic resonance - maybe its that reverb, maybe raw sound, spire have that more sponge on leads, but you can sharp' it with some effects. z3ta more soft at some point especially after fx's. And very nice plugin Dune2 which might have something similar as well.
    I would go with these two and i give myself 2 days to get close to the original sound

8. Codrin

Codrin Newbie

I'd say layered supersaws with "Lead - All your base" from Alonso Sound Hardwell vol 1 and heavy eq