Ariana Grande POV Intro Synth

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Moogerfooger, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

DRIVING ME NUTSS!!! I'm obsessed with finding the preset used for the intro to this song. I've searched Omnisphere, Pigments, Serum & some Kontakt libraries like Analog Dreams & a few Imogen Heap libs..... The marimba like pluck is layered with a flowing water sound. You can hear the water being triggered with each new note in the pluck. I did find the Honer Guitaret in Omnisphere was "similar" & I did come across a flowing water sound in Omnisphere that was close too - but close doesnt cut it.... Anyone care to help me find THE PRESET.... Appreciate any interest & help.

PS - The producer of this track has used Omnisphere in past productions for Ariana so I'm leaning on it being hidden somewhere in there... But there are sooooo damn many presets to scroll/preview through urghhhh

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

the first 18 seconds? it doesn't actually seem like it is part of the pluck. you can hear just the noise re trigger almost immediately with no other note. the noise layer is triggered separately, is my guess. a long sample of rain with a layer of pink noise maybe? short release time.

but if you know it is from some preset you have and want to place it, good luck ;]

4. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

Not really helpful.. I can only confirm that you're right:
    E.g., "7 Rings" has an unaltered preset from Omni at the beginning. (I don't use Omni anymore though)

5. droplet

droplet Rock Star

great track

6. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

Totally, I think you can do it perfectly with the RC-20. Play with the follow in the noise part and you got it:mates:

7. cexcean

cexcean Producer

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  8. Insight_the_Boss

Insight_the_Boss Kapellmeister

I made a remake with Logic X stock instruments. Maybe it will help you )

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Appreciate the input fellas.. Hopefully I'll stumble onto the actual preset one day. Looking through Massive X presets at the moment.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  10. clone

clone Audiosexual

Did you try checking Absynth 5 presets? Thats another $ soft synth that someone might be tempted to use a preset out of.

annoying when you "know" where something is from like this, but can't put your finger on it. I get OCD with breakbeats like that.

11. santillana

santillana Kapellmeister

If I was you I would simply ask him ( tweeter maybe ) what preset or synth did they actually used for it. Creative people often like to talk about these things. :yes:

12. deltab

deltab Newbie

I don't think that is a preset - the two sounds seem to have very different qualities to them.
    I think the pluck is a preset, and the separate water audio track has a subtle sidechain fx on it making it duck when you hear the pluck, which makes you think its being re-triggered.

13. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Mr. Franks is very private. Not a snowball chance in Hell would he reply. Might ask tho.

14. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

I still hold to the notion the water sample is contained within the pluck preset. There are plenty of presets within Omnisphere & Massive X where water samples are used in combination with another. I can clearly hear the decay of the water where it correlates with the release of the "plucky" sound...

15. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Appreciate the input, but I'm looking for the real deal... Chance it might be a custom preset, But my money is on that its an actual preset.

16. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

found this one preset while working just now and it reminds me of this thread. It is a little brighter but has that almost bell plus watery sound at the back maybe need some filtering or something, give it a try

Roland Zenology - BANK- SDZ004 Hyperwave (Z-Core), PRESET: 0008:Water HanPan

17. jordan77

jordan77 Ultrasonic

have you tried to contact the "main" producer of this? it happened once, about a track from a big artist and the producer just replied me with the answer.

18. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

No I haven't. Never should say never, but dudes who post pictures of their boob job wife on Instagram & don't remove stickers from their baseball hats typically don't reply to inquiries like these.

19. statik

statik Audiosexual

if it only 5 secs to ask why not try it, it's not like it will make a huge difference in the time invested

20. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Nice to see you’re enjoying the thread… Have you taken your pills yet today?

21. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

So having an interest in sound design is now considered to be “on the spectrum”? Duly noted lol!!