Are you willing to take on this challenge?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by e-minor, Jul 11, 2017.

1. muaB

muaB Producer

post some preview audio man, like 10 seconds!

2. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Thank you MMJ. Yes, I rather keep the track under wraps for now. Just downloaded your file. Let me sit on it. I'm going to listen to them all back to back and message you soon.

3. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

i understand the reasoning behind this, but i rather not for now. I'll release it soon enough :wink:

4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I did a few edits and posted version II my friend to better match your needs I think you will be pleased with the results.

5. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

I'm learning/training to perfect my mastering, I'm willing to take the challenge if you don't mind, it will be a good exercice to my ears.

6. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Look for Spencer he is a master at mastering.

7. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Thank you midi-man I'll reach out to him! :wink:

8. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Sure. I don't mind. I'll message you soon.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  9. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Just want to take the time to thank everyone who has reached out to help. It's been interesting and exciting to hear all the different masters so far. As soon as I get around to shooting the video, i'll release the song also on here for everyone else to hear.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  10. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I will rework my take to have less bass than the original. Also will be wider stereo as well. I will have the 2nd version to you probably within the weekend.

11. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

No problem. Thank you friend :wink:

12. muaB

muaB Producer

im somehow excited about this. please tell me its not some trap sounding bullshit with rap about bitches.

How do you want to release it? Yourself on some plattform?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. MrMister

MrMister Ultrasonic

it sounds great, and no it isn't trap. looking forward to hearing my mastered version in the music video. a seriously cool song. :)

14. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Hi,
    if I can deal with your song (that is if I like it) I can give it a try. In matters of money I'm not a pro but I'm skilled and talented and can hear differences in masterings that others obviously do not hear as I surprisingly experienced a few times.

Your noise your choice ;-)

15. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Thank you. All of this is quite new to me...a lot more steps into officially publicly releasing a song than I knew (copyright,etc). Nonetheless it's great to see how things are being done behind the scenes (from the mix to the master, to the video stuff..really cool. I'm soaking it all in, and more importantly i'm seeing how far I myself still have to grow musically. It's humbling. Some SERIOUSLY talented people on this forum...

Anyway, to answer your question...I'm starting up a music youtube page, something I've been wanting to do for a while. After maybe a few weeks of building a larger following, I will debut the song and music video on there at the same time. The song will also be reflected on other platforms such as soundcloud, itunes, etc for a wider audience to listen to. I'll try to get it on local radio and do some promotion for it as well.

The song itself is cool. Not trap, no money/women bragging, etc...That's not what I do. It's clean music but good music. I value lyrics, emotion, and substance.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  16. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Just thought I'd let you all know I've created my youtube channel where the music video will be released. The concept for the video is done and I will soon be flying to Miami to shoot it a month or two. Also have been in touch with Dj's and trying to get it on the radio. In the meantime, here is the link to my channel and first video. Youtube/Video is a new beast to me, but i'm learning. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEw58VIN8UM&lc=z23izftz5si5djfa504t1aokgtkkvxfnbi0nb3b2jdmjbk0h00410

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  17. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

I have to agree..... looking at the equipment you have in your studio.

18. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

I can understand your sentiment, however my studio is not relevant or indicative of the situation I was in at the time I wrote my post. Not to go too in depth with personal matters or sound defensive, but your statement is a bit uninformed as I never stated how my gear was attained. As mentioned, "Unfortunately, at this moment, I'm already past/out of budget and also wanted to try to do a video for the song". Everyone has financial limitations and budgets. My budget I had remaining for this project would not have allowed me to do the song AND have enough to do the video. I will be able to due to the help of people here and the video director willing to help me out. Thanks to all again.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  19. tooloud

tooloud Guest

You began this search for help well over a month ago. Many people kindly offered to help. I haven't heard a word from you whether you got what you were asking for. Are you still seeking help? Did nobody master your song to your satisfaction?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

I find it hard to believe someone that can attain that much cool gear, can't come up with a few hundred bucks for proper mastering?
    Good luck with your song and channel. Calling Bieber at the end was very entertaining.