Are you willing to take on this challenge?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by e-minor, Jul 11, 2017.

1. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Hey guys.

Long time reader and active member of Audiosex here. The time has come for me to request a little help.
    I have been working on a song that I believe has serious potential. So i rerecorded it in a professional studio on some top notch analog gear (Sony 800g, La2a...). The mix that was sent to me already sounds great and I am satisfied with it. But it isn't mastered.

Unfortunately, at this moment, I'm already past/out of budget and also wanted to try to do a video for the song for Youtube also. The intent is to promote the track and have it be my first official release. From the time i've spent here, I know this forum is full of very talented individuals. And so I wanted to see if anyone here was willing to MASTER the song for me? Given the track was ran through some amazing hardware pieces, i would prefer someone with some analog gear as well to add some depth and 3d-ness to the track. That is my ideal preferred wish, but of course beggars can't be choosers. I would be grateful for anyone willing to help. I just need a pro or someone who has LEGIT experience/talent with mastering and REALLY knows what he/she is doing.

If you're able to assist, please reply (or message me privately) and i'll send you a copy of the song to your email for you to listen to and work on.

Thank you so much guys,

Minor.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  3. electriclash

electriclash Guest

are you sending a two-track for mastering?

4. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Yes, a stereo mixed down file.

5. recycle

recycle Guest

the motivational part is missing

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I do everything in the box i would love to do it for you, Subgenre has the analog gear i believe.

7. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I can possibly assist. Tell me exactly what you are looking for and I will gladly help. I will also promote it around the internet for some exposure. If you have a soundcloud, I can repost it as well.
    As for gear, let's just say I have a Universal Audio Apollo Twin OCTO with every single UAD2 plugin on the market. And then some.
    As for experience, I been producing music since I was 12. I released my first album when I was 14. Only 3 copies were created and dispersed into the public. I am working on my 18th studio album as we speak. Have done several musical projects in a diverse number of genres.
    PS: I'm not the kid in my avatar. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Very true. I wish I could offer more. Just a young man with a dream hoping for someone to contribute to my vision. I'm grateful for all the kind souls here.

9. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

@Impressive hahaha You know I know you friend! I actually started messaging you, but didn't know your current medical situation so I thought I'd post it in the open and allow whoever is able to respond. I'll message you. Thank you.

10. Pontius

Pontius Kapellmeister

I have a landr account I can run it through, if you like.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. recycle

recycle Guest

You wrote: "..been working on a song that I believe has serious potential.."
    To me, serious potential means money.

You wrote: " ...i rerecorded it in a professional studio on some top notch analog gear..."
    To me, this is an investment to make money

and finally, you are looking for someone to have a free mastering from?

there is no sense

12. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I don't have a medical situation. Just busy with other things. Good things.

13. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

ill do it for free, i would be mastering something anyway haha its the way i live my life homie , i be twistin knobs and dials up in this bitch , have to rep the set.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  14. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Not sure if people think the last line about my avatar is funny or the whole thing is funny. The only joke was that last sentence. LOL

15. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

Great new avatar tho!:mates:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

you realise that a professional mastering these days cost only between 30 and 100 quid , right?

17. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

unless you get someone you know to do it for free haha
    that and, I dont know an engineer that would spend say 6 hours on it and charge what you say, maybe those mastering sweat factories would do it lol

18. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

i'm in, send me the file

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

Until I joined this forum I was able to avoid this face but you chose to promote it and I try to look away... it doesn't work.
    Aren't there other faces to point gun at?

20. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

This is the greatest comunnity ever. Thank you. Feedback on the song has been great so far.

21. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I got your song in your inbox homey. I didn't know if it was okay to post it here or not

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017