Are you interested in these sounds?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Oct 15, 2017.

1. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

2. foster911

foster911 Guest

I will drag this thread out till you say my below comment was wrongheaded.:bleh:

3. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

[​IMG]

4. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

:like::like::like:

5. foster911

foster911 Guest

End of art, composition, arrangement and everything. Please consider that I'm experimenting::rofl:

https://clyp.it/scy1h4qs
    The next work would be more logical.:rofl:

6. spyfx

spyfx Guest

fooooooooooster :guitarhero:when are you gonna finish the song ? :guitarhero:or is this done ?,how long do i have to wait ? make sure you don't leave your computer and fl studio until it turns "pink pantherish" ,i like the bass drone/pad on this :wink: :bow:

7. foster911

foster911 Guest

One of these days my brah. I'm monkeying around with lots of newly discovered possibilities (for me). My experimentations may seem a bit off the cuff and on the loose but I know I'd be out of the wood so soon. I'm looking for some means of escaping from the views that usually old buffers have to the music or have been instructed using some limited sounds and just extending my sound palette. May appear of no account to those people but I believe in my way.:mates:

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

@beatmagnus and @spyfx another one by myself:
    https://clyp.it/nep2kuob

Using these sounds needs its own particular mentality. In no books using such sounds is being tutored and you don't know how to relate your experimentations to the human's feelings.:dunno:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2017
  9. spyfx

spyfx Guest

sounds good foster :wink:,make an entire album out of these sounds/tracks of yours and call it "In Pantherism" :guitarhero:

10. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

you could easily take these kinds of sounds and turn them into killer electro music. entire genres of jungle, drum and bass, trap, breakbeat, and music formerly known as dub step heavily incorporate cool atonal stuff like this. i'm actually frustrated because i'm not able to make these sounds myself, i think i'm going to sit down and try to figure this out actually.

Try adding some drums and perc elements, and cut all of these sounds up and combine/mix and match to form driving transitional sequences:)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2017
  11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

i mean i like "sounds" whether dialing them in or hitting buttons to slowly change a sound it has its place, but to me that place is the least important aspect of a song or music. if i have the "sounds" entirely piano, or change to synth sounds or guitars or orchestra or horns and brass not much changes regarding the song. the music is not any different by changing the sound, changing the sounds has a tiny impact only in the sense of a writers preferences but overall my position is you should be able to write a masterpiece with say piano for instance maybe even multiple pianos if you need it, have the song absolutely perfect in every way . BEFORE you worry about sounds, afterall that is just clicking some buttons or playing a different instrument . we call that the "icing on the cake" you HAVE TO actually BAKE THE CAKE FIRST!
    if there was a such thing as a person that had not got down the process of writing really good songs yet just with piano or acoustic guitar, no matter what "sounds" they could get could fix what is broken.
    you have to have the cake baked to add the icing to.and if the cake is lumpy and hollow and crumbling you can't add the icing.
    if the cake is just raw batter you can't add the icing.
    if the cake is burnt black all the way through, it would make no sense to add the icing.

12. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

I think what you're talking about is musical songwriting, and using more subtle fx as "icing". What's going on in these sound design samples are tones, either musical or atonal, being heavily manipulated via processing into crazy morphing sounds and becoming something completely different. If you take your solid musical peice and apply this kind of effect processing there is a good chance it morphs into something unusable for that song. There is a lot of stuff in scores and electro that are less musical and more rhythmic-energy driven. My thoughts for encouraging Foster into this sort of sound design is so they can move forward by using this new specialized method of sound design into producing more unique & completed productions using his skill-set.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I can't even produce these sounds. :no:

14. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Lmfao how did you even find these jazz/polka versions of songs? Who takes the time to make these? :rofl:
    Whoever they are, they are a internet treasure :lmao: :hahaha:

15. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I feel you there.

16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

17. Impressive

Impressive Guest

These are pure gold. I died on the metallica one "Make some noise if you give a shiiiit!!"
    Then the crowd bobbing their heads on the Iron Maiden track? Priceless :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    I don't even know if they extracted the vocals from the song to make it an acapella or if there was an already made acapella version. LOL. Last I knew, extracting perfectly preserved vocals from a mixed down audio file was impossible.

18. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

yah, the dood just got the isolated tracks and then based on the melodies constructed harmony of chord progressions based on it, def a bit if time but like you i love that he did it i cried laughing for a week when i first found these! hahahahahaha

some hardcore jazz anyone?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017