Are you addicted to Audio Warez?

Discussion in 'humor' started by TonyG, Apr 17, 2018.

?

Are you addicted to WAREZ?

1. Yes

155 vote(s)
    77.1%
  2. No

46 vote(s)
    22.9%
  1. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

only on thursdays

2. TonyG

TonyG Guest

You know that you are addicted to Warez when you are going through every post on this thread instead of making music.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

If you have to delete 5 of them and redownload you do it.:rofl:
    We are pros here...

That's one company you probably end up redownloading without wanting to, to keep the record of the names and different collections alone is overwhelming :suicide:

4. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

At one point I thought maybe I was. Currently I Only casually browse to see what's out there. Im not much for sample packs or modern edm or trap so there really isnt anything I don't already have that would peak my interests. The sister site is oversaturated in sameness. I look around on other sites, sales sites and I just don't see anything that makes feel that WOW factor. I did see one ad for a plugin that doesn't even exist yet, but ill forget about it before it comes out. I currently have 4TB worth of plugs, samples, etc. I started collecting around 2008 or so. I use studio one 4 and I was excited for the update until I got it and saw the lackluster try. And I feel that the lack in innovation with a lot of things has killed my addiction/interest. I own an axe fx, the 3 just came out and its not anymore useful than the 2. Sorry to sound negative.

5. DieM

DieM Rock Star

To a certain extent YES!
    The sister sight tantalises and teases with such sweet promises of the perfect software that will make you a better producer, recording artist, engineer etc. I have personally stopped downloading all of the different variations of compressors, saturators, EQ's and such and have decided to stick with what I have.
    It's like having a sweet tooth and being in a sweet shop where the candy is almost limitless. You end up just scoffing all of the candy and bloating yourself in the process to the point where you can't move cause you're too full!
    You have to find your limit and then maybe look for the odd chocolate or candy bar that might tantalise your tastebuds further.
    I am learning to use the tools that I own without being swayed by alternative versions as they all do the same thing at the end of the day!! Just my opinion.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  6. TonyG

TonyG Guest

@DieM and @Kingvrage just remember that we are here to help. Our doctors and nurses are the best in the field and the Director of this clinic is a @SAiNT.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. DieM

DieM Rock Star

"just remember that we are here to help"
    Hmm! I might have heard that said once or twice from our own Government and they ended up fucking us over good and proper!
    I must say TonyG, I can do with a good psychiatrist to help me work out what is actually going on in this nogin of mine because, believe me, I ain't got a scooby mate but it's fun letting the stray thoughts roam free from time to time! Maybe not for others but certainly for myself! :woot:

8. Ellin

Ellin Kapellmeister

I'm a sound library collector too. I asked myself several times why collecting sounds became almost an obsession. If I also started tonight to try for at least 2 seconds every sound and preset contained in the hundreds (maybe thousands) of libraries stored in my hd I would not live long enough. Let alone play them!
    And if tomorrow I stopped adding more libraries and decided to record future tracks with the ones I already have, I could make music until the end of my days without ever using the same sound twice ...
    Yet I continue to add ... and hd continue to increase ... and their management takes more and more time (which I should instead go to play) ...
    But... why?
    One answer I gave to me is that I come from the analogue world, pre-internet era, and when I was a boy I made do with the very few tools I could afford, all low-profile, dreaming of one day having a Bosendorfer, a Hammond , a Moog, or at least a couple of decent synths ... that dream has somehow come true in this millennium thanks to computers. Having a collection of virtual instruments is certainly not like having the real tools, but for the purpose of recording a song you can use those same sounds via software is highly rewarding because it leads to the same result that you would get with the real tools. And this without being a billionaire.
    Hence the desire not to miss anyone.
    Then, thanks to the libraries, you have access to all the instruments of the world, and also to those not of this world ... well, developing an addiction is almost inevitable ...
    But, of course, in the long run it's a bit exhausting to navigate among the millions of archived files to look for "that" sound in your head ... and then not find it. Maybe once you would have been able to pass the keyboard on a guitar pedal and record it by putting a microphone in front of the amp and find out that you could create fantastic sounds - just your own - with very cheap equipment. In this way, for example, Pink Floyd found the "ping!" sound, that made the beginning of Echoes in Meedle a milestone ...
    On an music magazine I read that having many vst and many libraries reduces the creative elasticity, that is: you do more when you have less. And they advised to make music by restricting the use to one or two vst and a couple of libraries only. There is some truth in this. But how can you resist? ...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I love the guy, but perhaps (only perhaps) not the best doctor to cure this addiction...
    .. just sayin' ... :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. TonyG

TonyG Guest

A good point but even back in the days of "analog" we wanted more and more. My 2-track reel to reel led to a 4-Track. Then came the 8-Track, the 16-Track and the 24-Track...and the 2 24-Track synchronized and the mixing consoles to handle all of those channels and on and on and on. With synths it was the same way. We joke about it but it definitively is an addiction. Today, just like it did in the past it does hinder our creativity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

When you edit all the R2R.nfo files with extra info as if they were the History of the World to be passed on to future generations on another planet....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

its called consume

13. meow

meow Guest

AudioZ? My F5 key says "no moar".

14. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Platinum Record

I'm only on here because I'm having a crap and this computer doesn't make music...

But now that you mention it, I do need to cut down on time spent crapping.

15. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

I am (and probably many others) addicted to audio warez because:
    - Updates which include stability improvements, bug fixes, crash fixes, new features/options added, improved dsp processing quality, compatibility improvements, improved workflow, speed, cpu/ram improvements and much many more.
    - New instruments/plugins added, which get improved in comparison with such tools released before. It means new technologies, new dsp research'n'development, modern pcs which make possible to emulate details deeper and higher quality, new experiments and unique tech of dsp developments a-la Airwindows with simple primitive dsp math algo with couple strings of analog warmest sound without harsh digital sht, or Fuse Audio Labs, DMG, u-he, cytomic, BRA, klanghelm, iZotope RX, TDR, valhalladsp, kazrog true iron, reaper, fab and more. Vintage becomes true and closer to original gear; digital becomes cleaner, more transparent and less cold, more neutral; more tools become oversampled internally or include oversampling option, all now is 32/64/80 bit float double precision etc.
    - rare in use...but Kontakt libs are getting better due to new modern pc, newer higher quality gear for rec/sampling, techs and engineering and another Slatey slangy words.

But yeah, it is time to make good high quality music with hiqh quality sound and start to uninstall old shitty amateurish plugins.. it is time to buy what you can buy what you really like.

16. The fox is watching the henhouse

17. louislouis

louislouis Producer

I've been suffering from GAS as well AAA for a while now I need some new clothes but am still looking on ebay everyday for a cheap Volca Kick....... I need help....... :dunno:

18. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Just to share a little .
    From 2000 to 2004 i was heavily addicted to Warez.
    Towards the end ,I put the situation into perspective( inside of my mind) by asking myself what was important to me.
    The answer that I found was that I wanted the tools to accomplish the creation, production , tracking, editing ,engineering and mastering of music.Once I got my answer i combed through found the most useful plugs dumped the rest and ever since 2004 ,I keep what is useful purchase what is most important and use all the time, keep a minimalist plug setup ( yet still have 6 or more of everything).
    Nowadays its extremely easy for me.
    The perspective is a means to an end. when I go to grab a plugin to use its because I need to do a specific thing and I am looking to grab a tool I know can accomplish that. I grab the appropriate tool use it and then I am done. problem solved.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. VintageDOC

VintageDOC Kapellmeister

Ladeez an' Gennelmuns,

It is easy to overcome A.A.S. (Audiowarez Addiction Syndrome).

I know.

I have done so 37 times. :woot:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  20. teknomix

teknomix Kapellmeister

it's a psychological disease, when Lennar Sylenth1 still only in 32 bit, I went crazy waiting for the new 64 bit version for Mac will be cracked, until I could not wait it anymore and bought the original... now... I not used it anymore...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List