Are you addicted to Audio Warez?

Discussion in 'humor' started by TonyG, Apr 17, 2018.

?

Are you addicted to WAREZ?

1. Yes

155 vote(s)
    77.1%
  2. No

46 vote(s)
    22.9%
  1. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

When will you Europeans use the comma (,) and the point (.) properly in numbers? Hmmm? When? :no: If you mean twelve thousand it's 12,567 you have written 12.567, twelve-point-five-six-seven. Can't wait for bloody Brexit now :bleh:.

Addicted to warez? Yes of course. It's the only way to be. Truly, I am so grateful for warez. Without warez I wouldn't even know about 99% of the software created.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  2. TonyG

TonyG Guest

I just thought of another one: Your browser home page is AudioZ

3. vector99

vector99 Kapellmeister

yes i am haha

4. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

As I'm from germany I would usually dont write anything like "," or "." in numbers.... I only did for you. My Audiowarez counter is actually 12567 Apps (Standalones, VST/VSTi), 80% Windows, 20% MacOSX or older MacOPs. I collect Audiowarez since the 1st Radium Release (somewhere around 1996) In total I have about 3TByte only in Apps, about 10TByte in Tutorials and Kontakt Libraries, and about 1TByte Akai ISOs + 2 TByte Multiformat Libraries + about 700GByte Softsynth+Hardwaresynth Presets. So, if this is not addicted, I dont know! :rofl:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. m9cao

m9cao Producer

im not addicted to warez but actually addicted on news about audio i think. most of audio soft are not worth to buy and has bad quality and i dont need it and never download or use. but the warez sites have fastest news release speed, its very beneficial to everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. m9cao

m9cao Producer

and at bookmark bar on chrome

7. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

it's not an addiction, it's a passion :)

Also you can add that some of your friends refer you as a big hacker when in fact you just the guy who know how to dl and install stuff from Audioz :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. TonyG

TonyG Guest

That is very impressive. I declare you President of Audio warez Addicted Anonymous. You are a real audio warez junkie:mates::disco::wink:

9. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

@TonyG
    This might be the greatest parody on human thought patterns and psychological addiction I have seen anywhere.
    If there was a prize given for most creative and funny post, I think this one would get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Thanks a lot...But when I think about how many years I wasted till now for my addiction, I'm a little bit sad. You really cant imagine how much time I spent in searching (in the beginning it wasnt as easy as its nowadays), downloading, bringing everything in an adaquate nomenclature, sorting and archiving. I'm still not finished with the really old stuff because in the beginning I didnt sorted it well. That really an amount of work that will last again 1 year. BTW...when someday I have finished sorting, renaming etc. I would be glad to find an FTP to upload everything an make it available to anyone but I fear such an FTP wont live for a log period! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. genophyte

genophyte Producer

i ended up on the sister site years ago in a never ending quest to find Yellow Tools Candy Sax ,but when saxlab came out i forgot all about candy.

mostly over the years though ive been going to the oldest page and slowly going up and grabbing vst that are no longer made or unique things with dead links and scouring the internet for them..the sister site does have a huge archive so its kinda cool to dive way back and use things from when i didnt know wtf i was doing or how to install or work things in a daw.

as far as the try before buy motto.
    i own
    all kong audio stuff
    reaktor..have twisted tools stuff ,polyplex , anything else is from user community
    kontakt....libraries not so much save for super audio cart , core bass pear ,sensual sax ,rojin , brush drums .hang drum ..and i think two others but i dont really use any kontakt stuff unless i own it or its a freebie
    lopperator
    permut8
    fab filter bundle
    chipsounds
    quadrasid
    edirol orchestral
    yamaha final master .....dont care i like my stuff muddy
    obscurium ...my latest buy once i realized i could control reaktor with lazerbass+ loaded i was so sold
    massive
    cosmosf ...it was more of a support the creator thing cause i still have no clue what im doing with it.
    chromaphone 2
    i have tons of free vst and probably all of them to date for windows

next buy is melda bundle this year possibly .

my white whale now is EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP GYPSY

i think i do hoard presets and patch banks ...so many presets , i dont even have serum but i have all the presets.
    yea i hoard presets .
    all of them.

to be honest though its the comment section popcorn.gif drama i come back for...as well as a few really amazing uploaders michael sax being an all time favorite

12. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

hey really feel sorry for you :) . 20 years and you couldnt collect more than a measly 17 tb ?
    im from germany too, and in the same timeframe i grabbed more than 140tb, effortlessly, most of it as a free downloader, currently averaging some 10gb/day.
    of course not limited to warez, but music flacs and concert dvds and blurays too.
    not a desease though, just a habit. and im not downloading just anything, no sample packs, no edm-hiphop-whatever crap. and theres always more.

i`d like to take the opportunity to thank the mirrorlink posters and also mr, olymoon for the zippy links. how could i have downloaded the 72gb keyscape library in just a couple of hours yesterday (probably had it on one of my older harddisks already. im almost tempted to download it again today just because i can and it went so smooth... so there you have it.)

13. virusg

virusg Rock Star

if some are its not a bad addiction any way, it better than any addiction but i believe we should talk more about the money makers on az than addictions, why no one can stop that? becasue the cash flows? ...thats the only reason i could think of ...if we get stuff for free, it shoul be free till the end ...so a big F U ! to all moneymakers at az, i never get anything unless is from zippy host, then torrenst are still around fortunately so im green 24/7
    ...still i dont understand fro where they get the releases before all, are they given or shared somewhere else? just dont get it, and it means that there is anothere place where is posted first for free then upladed to hosts to get paid ...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. Zikkk

Zikkk Platinum Record

Yes, I am addicted. I have to admit that apart from a few synths that came with some hardware (for example V-Station) and some light DAW editions, everything else I use is cracked. Libraries, synths, fx, all of them, I haven't counted the number. I console myself by thinking that this is only a hobby of mine and I don't earn money from my music. Having people to listen to it is enough payment for me.
    As you all know, the most crucial disadvantage of downloading and trying everything you like, is that you do not have the time to master a particular software and use it with competence in your mixes.

κατάλογος.jpg Oh, yes! I own this one!!!

15. Sauceky

Sauceky Member

It's just so much fun to try out new plugins, you never know when you're gonna stumble on a plugin that blows you away so I gotta download them all, it's not an addiction I swear:no:

16. TonyG

TonyG Guest

I agree with you 100%. That seems to be the biggest problem nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. TonyG

TonyG Guest

I gave you a negative rating on your reply because it is outside the scope of this thread. If you disagree with the "powers that be" create your own thread and express your disagreement and dislike for the way things are handle on the sister site. I have done exactly that more than once. Indeed, the rules clearly state in pertinent part: " We're strongly against censorship...even criticism of anything forum related will not be censored as long as it's in full compliance with rules."

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2018
  18. TonyG

TonyG Guest

Whenever you feel like doing that, feel free to contact me by PM. I would gladly be the executive producer of such a project, if you allow me to.

19. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I founded it before!!! :disco:

I feel sooo identified that it's even embarassing :suicide:

Welcome to AAA. We'll help you with these issues. Come and share with us ))

Master!!! Take me as a disciple please :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. TonyG

TonyG Guest

Now, that is one serious addition you have. Sorry my friend, but we can not help you here.:dunno: