Are you able to reproduce your music when you're not using any sheet?

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Dec 8, 2017.

1. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

Oldest without lyrics... older by quite a bit as well.

Though in both cases the tuning and actual scale structure remain a heavy point of argument. In both cases here they seem to be represented on modern tempered tuning.

2. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

Remastered for contemporary tastes.
    [​IMG]

3. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

4. spyfx

spyfx Guest

are you a zen master ? if so pm me.

5. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I've played back some of the stuff I've made. Believe me my friend, It's better that the notes are NEVER immortalised!

And here I was expecting something , DEEP lol

No, but it helps provide diversity :P

-------------------------------------------------------

Dunno if I've said this recently, but I love you guys. Where else can you get music advice with jokes? Or should it be jokes with music advice? I'm not quite sure!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. spyfx

spyfx Guest

maybe looking into a notation program will help you :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. foster911

foster911 Guest

The difference between the music and musicology:
    Music and musicology are both separate and related constructs. Music, as a practical activity, has its own history, but musicology, as a process of study, inquiry and reflection, while it forms its own context and employs distinct concepts, is clearly dependent upon and reflective of music as its subject. Music has a long history while musicology has, by comparison, enjoyed a relatively short lifespan. Yet musicology, which can broadly be defined as the thinking about and study of music, could be argued to have been already present within the acts of composing and performing music. Music is an art form and context that has always invited theoretical speculation and critical reflection, and we can presume that composers, for example, have always thought about their own creative processes and that these processes are somehow informed by the study and experience of other, already existing, music. However, such reflection and interaction may be seen to stop short of a properly conceived musicology that could be understood to stand outside the creative process in order to provide a clearer perspective upon that process, its end product in the form of a musical work and, just as significant, the social and cultural contexts within which the process and product could be situated and interpreted.
    I just tried to taste the musicology but the upshot of all these researches is that being a music maker is more engrossing than being a musicologist and you don't need to think about the aftermath of your music. :bleh:

And this is the best answer for this thread by @Lambchop as both a great music maker and musicologist::bleh:
    The trick is to create a shortage, which, in turn, will create demand. This has to be written on the top of the title of all art books, entering gateway of art museums, colleges, studios etc.:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2017
  8. spyfx

spyfx Guest

i kindly disagree,the answer is always "maybe"
    if you want to know more let me know :bow:

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

I'm interested bro but today every music producer encourages others to produce more and not to think about the side issues and possible consequences like this video posted 2 days ago:

Which one of us is wrong? Me, him or dear @Lambchop ?:bow:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2017
  10. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Suer, although what usually I do is completely different from making new content - I remix or cover other content (mainly pop). Not necessarily because I want to make a mark (although it would be nice), but because I like the music.

You realize in all of history, you're just a blip and you'll never make as big of a mark as say, Tchaikovsky or Ravel. They're immortal. Their stuff is played all the time (albeit domain-depndant). Unless you can be the next MJ or Gaye, that stuff gets played sometimes.

Semantics matter. Now you're talking about mkaing sheets of YOUR song, again, but i doubt you'll be popular, relative to other sheets selling. I mean it's an additional source of revenue, which never hurts.

What you could think is, ok , i'll take a sheet (or MIDI) of classical music, and make a remix. You can do that too. You prolly still won't be immortal, but at least you;ll enjoy making a remix.

11. spyfx

spyfx Guest

all i was trying to say my friend foster is this :wink: :bow: :
    Maybe :
    there was an old farmer...

One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. "Such bad luck," they said sympathetically.

"Maybe," the farmer replied. The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. "How wonderful," the neighbors exclaimed.

"Maybe," replied the old man. The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune. "Maybe," answered the farmer. The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out. "Maybe," said the farmer.

• Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. saltwater

saltwater Guest

:cool:

13. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Mate, it would be really hard to put my shit onto a sheet. really hard. :)

They haven't invented sheet signs for distortion yet and the kind of distortion. Actually, even that wouldn't help. Nor there is a sign for filter automation, or any kind of automation, for that matter.

I'm operating purely on the perception. It's been quite a bit of years since I last attended the musical school. I still know what a chord is, though.

[kinda making fun, I do know much more about music theory, but I don't tend to care ;)]

On a serious note, I can play you a lot of JMJ tracks just from the head. :wink: I remember notes really well. I don't need any sheets. Just sing it or play it to me.

But indeed, sheet music is necessary for orchestral music and stuff... it's very useful and OK to use it. I have nothing against it.

p.s. edited for spelling mistakes.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  14. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

all i need is something that can create some type vibrations per second

15. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

*Broducer. Every broducer.

What I think you're trying to say is "Today everyone is a broducer; there's no market for so much shitty music, so they turn to side channels -- making sample packs & YT broducer howtos. Telling potential lieks, commints & subscribs the obvious -- that the last thing the world needs is more beets -- is simply suboptimal marketing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

the side issues and consequences of my music.. are that some chick with approximately ZERO taste in music
    will be sufficiently impressed by my suboptimal playing, singing, and producing skills, to über-optimally drop her knickers
    in swooning amazement.... doesn't always work.. but when it does... :headbang:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  17. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

distortion: There are, it's like the horizontal brackets for 8va except distortion. Btw, Sheets aren't meant to notate EVERYTHING.

18. Trevor Gordon

Trevor Gordon Platinum Record

With that I ask - if you were a fiction writer, could you re-write your book word for word from scratch without referencing from your original novel?

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. Sylenth.Will.Fall

I SO badly wanted to ask if it was some 90 y/o lady who thought she was in a toilet, but I didn't know how to ask without it coming across as insulting. so I wont ask! :mates:

20. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Now THAT, that was deep!