Are you able to remove Grooves from your music?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Neuralgia, Nov 11, 2019.

?

Able?

1. Yes!

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No!

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. trutzburg

trutzburg Kapellmeister

Ok, I admit I do like DJ Taylor b/c it reminds me somewhere of old Times...but maybe I can do a little bit better:

and for a bit more pro-fun-ity

3. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Hello friend, I was wondering if you could describe what you mean by groove a bit more .

Does Benny Goodman song sing sing sing
    From the mids 1930s have groove by your definition?

Or how about Louis Armstrong 1927
    Potatoe head blues?

I think you mean something about the drums taking over more right?

To me groove is about the accents and syncopation of music in other words ,
    The motion .

To me groove is not impacted by having or removing drums .

What ruined music was the people making it soley for profit sake ( which was there all along actually )
    But when the Beatles hit in the 60s we went from adult sensibilities in entertainment ( meaning treating music like going school to be a Dr)
    We switched to teenager sensibilities ( rebel without a cause, making sounds as type of abstract art for sake of celebrity instead of learning music like a scientist learns about world . (
    The Beatles were first to make the recording studio an instrument . Once they got to be large celebrity's
    Young kids jumped at the chance to form bands and play their 5 chord songs that have carried on today.
    ( There was positive and negative with this happening )
    That whole situation was positive gains and negative losses for society and music as a whole.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  4. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Able to? Yes
    I can remove my heart,too, with some help.
    Do I WANT to? NO.

5. AwDee.0

AwDee.0 Kapellmeister

:deep_facepalm: faoki gang strikes again!

6. reaktor

reaktor Producer

Let's groove tonight
    Share the spice of life
    Baby slice it right
    We're gonna groove tonight
    Let this groove get you to move
    It's alright (alright) alright
    Let this groove set in your shoes
    So stand up (alright) alright
    Gonna tell what you can do with my love
    Alright
    Let you know girl
    You're looking good, you're out of sight
    Alright
    Just move yourself
    And glide like a seven-forty-seven
    And lose you're self in the sky
    Among the clouds in the heavens 'cause
    Let this groove light up your fuse
    It's alright (alright) alright, oh oh
    Let this groove set in your shoes
    So stand up (alright) alright
    Let me tell you what you can do with my love
    Alright
    Gotta let you know girl
    You're looking good you're out of sight
    Alright
    Just tell the D.J. to play your favorite tune
    Then you…

7. reaktor

reaktor Producer

basic instinc!

8. Neuralgia

Neuralgia Guest

So simple, almost all music in this list is groove-based:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popular_music_genres

If you remove grooves from them, they don't have anything to say. Literally nothing ...

When you listen to them, you actually just hear the disguised grooves.

9. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Oh they have a zillion lyrics to say and melodies to sing and play and very elegantly some of them. Just because you are here representing the school for the hearing impaired, this doesn't mean your continuous foster-ism has some basis. A sterile claim from the get go mate. What you actually have discovered is you can have groove without much music but not much music without groove.
    Bruh, music is a lot like sex. If the people involved in it don't connect and share that groove that leads to climax, then it's dull and boring. Get it ? No groove no climax. But it's ok, i reckon in your ideal world, humans have sex telepathically and germophobia rules.
    Lemme play a couple of ultra grooves, getcha on the right path.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  10. Neuralgia

Neuralgia Guest

Not for me or MMJ but maybe for you. They are some secular elements, forced their ways in and trespassed on music's property without any permission ...:rofl:

11. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

foster is just a bitter individual, that's all. he has created at least 8 accounts so far, for what?

just to spread his pathetic hate for music.
    he hates theory and hates rhythm. things he doesn't have a clue about.
    im sure that bitterness comes from several circumstances that we are not aware of

but one thing we do know, he is totally tone-def and beat-deaf.
    that he has shown in the past already

why he chose this particular community to troll is the only thing one could be curious about

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Did you just say secular ? Like for real ? :hahaha:
    You seem to indirectly admit to be neither cognitive nor climactic.
    You do deserve a month of polka torture.
    But oh lookey, your school bus is waiting...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Any troll will chose the place he recieve the more reactions....
    In other place he may have died of boringness, but here 5 pages of attention.
    And I'm afraid it's not finish. :deep_facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Neuralgia

Neuralgia Guest

I'm not trolling. Music has been severely polluted with industrial and technological products mainly rooted in 20th century's mindset and also poisonous interventions of different cultures in it. I'm just trying to find some ways to refine it.:sad::shalom:

15. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

all his posting circles around prejudice and nasty hateful pointless premises without any reasoning to back up anything. he just throws up the same crap endlessly so by now I would say its a pathological matter more than anything else, the trolling is just a side effect.

regarding the "attention" to his spamming, its in our doorstep..its hard to not step in it.
    normally people pick crap up and put in in the trash

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  16. Neuralgia

Neuralgia Guest

OK, let it be polluted ...:shalom:

17. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

(...) But Groove isn't fundamental, It's an imposing and controlling element which in 99.99 percent of the situations stockades around the music and restrains it from more growth (...).

(...) If you remove grooves from them, they don't have anything to say. Literally nothing (...).

(...) Music has been severely polluted with industrial and technological products mainly rooted in 20th century's mindset and also poisonous interventions of different cultures in it. I'm just trying to find some ways to refine it (...)

Groove is a significant feature of popular music, and can be found in many genres. What these hi-brow composers/adepts like to do is to focus on meta-languages procedures. This never gains relevance outside the academic community, unless the featured work gains some recognition in the mass media, industry or musicians themselves. Otherwise, these hi-brow composers/adepts will remain restricted to a specific locus. The problem is: in the face of the lack of interest due to the composition of music that doesn't generate synergy in other humans, these guys begin to question the widespread taste in the main stream culture for fear of disappearance!

We are communities of enculturated listeners (first-culture learning). There is no problem with that, unless you want to prove that musical practices, tastes, and habits of the majority are questionable from your point of view. If this is the case, good luck in the fight against Quixotic windmills.

Yes, you have the right to isolate yourself from communities of enculturated listeners. However, if the material you write does not have recognizable musical schemata (patterns, genres, styles), it will be categorized as culturally disengaged (even if it contains other types of patterns - like serialism, new complexity, whatever - what matters is whether they are mapped into genres and styles recognizable by a enculturated listening community, I mean, by large population samples, not isolated groups). If these musical schematas are recognized but they're arranged in a new way, it may be categorized following the process of acculturation (like a second-culture learning, like changes in each culture due to acculturation, as co-evolution, by processes that occur over time due to exposure, categorization and personal taste).

As everything to fTRoLLster revolves around the search for some boring "novelty", he should try join some academic community forum/group (a well-defined audience of new music aficionados, mostly made up of hi-brow art composers and a few performers). The great majority of music listeners or even musicians do not give a damn about distal hi-brow art abstract procedures (removed from the context in which we live).

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  18. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

You 're right chief. There will be no ending with this thread... I'm out. Thnx for reminding not to feed the :trolls:

19. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Boom chicka bow wooh.

:(

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List