Are trap and lo-fi really this popular?

Discussion in 'samples' started by Bird Jones, Sep 3, 2021.

1. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

I am not sure you grasped my point. If a person loves music and embarks on a career in it with that as the foundation,it tends to go in the right direction.
    You have to ask if a person does not love music why they are doing it other than for money. There are a heck of a lot of better careers to make money in if that is the M.O. Loving music is not something I believe can be learned if that is your point? I am not sure if it is? Music is like an addictive drug with no cure, once you love it you love it for life.
    As for expression in music, that is a great thing. Music has been a vehicle for that for centuries in one way or another.
    Typecasting anything into a square box in music I will never be convinced is the right way to go. That is exactly what music critics do to attempt to quantify something and in many ways has caused more confusion than understanding.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. ThrashHead

ThrashHead Platinum Record

What do you create when you can't play an instrument?

*kicks the hornets nest and laughs* :rofl:

3. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Even I can't play an instrument or sing, you can still be a musician if you follow these three simple rules:

1. Buy or rent an instrument
    2. Learn to play the instrument (vocalists included)
    3. Buy or rent an instrument and learn how to play the instrument

4. ThrashHead

You can become a "DAW Musician!"

Hey, Steven Slate, you owe me royalties if you use that term in any new $197.95 Super Slate Special Limited Time Offer DAW Musician courses. :rofl:

5. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Just make a craisglist ad mentioning: how you know C to Dmin so your song will have to be transposed to one of those scales but if you need something more extravagant like a Bmin7 then I will learn each chord for 20 bucks each. Reply by Monday morning because my inbox is blowing up.

You act like you don't know what to do when we're the generation of begging mum for a contact high when she's lighting another joint while she's still in labor. :thumbsup:

6. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Slate custom orders 100 dollar bill rolling papers with his face on it or else.

7. ThrashHead

Now when I look again, I doubt that's tobacco. :winker:

[​IMG]

8. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Yeah man, she just didn't know how to hand roll and cones weren't as ready available as they are today.

9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Love of music meets commerce, a job has to earn enough money that the company or the artist can make a living from it. That's where the problem lies. You know the saying "breadless art". There is usually not much left of love and creativity if you do it professionally. However, "someone has to do the job", one cannot theoretically rely on the fact that the system as it is and works, based on voluntariness. Let's describe the system. Manufacturers and buyers - television and film music, discos and drinks sales - entrance fee, radio station with your program. Who is supplying the music for all of this entertainment industry? The artists and who pays the artists? The companies that own the stations or discos. How does it all work? People have to pay their rent, buy their food, in short make a living. For this they need money and everyone sells his labor or his ideas and skills for money.

I think music is not a drug - it's a task and an art. One artist makes films, the other artist designs clothing, another artist paints pictures or does graphic design. Using art to express what is in us.

There are always people who make their living criticizing others, some are good critics and some are bad critics. In short, as long as you buy their products, they are paid for by the buyer, these products will exist. So if the consumer wants to read something else, he has to read something else or not read these reviews. In theory, you can produce your own newspaper and write or have your own reviews written. The big music broadcasters and publishers have market power and thus influence public opinion.

10. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

No, they're really niche genres. They're nowhere as popular as free jazz for example.

11. jon.dough.1991

jon.dough.1991 Producer

Trap , rap , hip hop , jussumen speakin bout their troubles their rivalries their love their life's struggle ,k i bought a new car,facked sum front cover bitch, ppl need recognition ,a pat on the back , a well done , some grab a mic and sing bout it nowadays,record it on Reaper or Fruitloopz or carve lyrics on stone - for the girl i once loved , we been doin it since ages ,ancient years ,while building sick bastards palaces and monuments to gods some sick psycho invented in his delusions, as slaves we used to make rhymes to make the time the struggle your back spine knee pain forgetable until we where buried, nutin new here

nowadays story goes on , a little bit more civilised tho, u see we have democracy i pay tax,we have laws, if i kill the opressor i go jail,cu when tey be lghtin your candle , i work te worst jobz for fewer money than clowns that sit in an office all day doin the on all four 4 with the new cutie secretary,break bones muscle spine knees in some warehouse or construction , but i got a dream, maybe one day my track gets loved by ppl, i go on tv,utube

it means lot to a man , recognition..........i don give a f bout dis , when i come back from work i juzz wished i had my sweet girl wanting me loving me waiting for me, now she gone took my boy my girl they are 19y old now made their life ,gone to uni , got decent jobz,never asked from anyone, their mother ? yes i still love her

12. jon.dough.1991

jon.dough.1991 Producer

awesome post btw brutha , lots of laughs too !! b3etz comment looooooooool the dude bout metal and loudmouths fookin ell

13. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

I have been doing it professionally for decades. I have made a good living from it mostly. Not so much lately but definitely last century. That said, I still write and release for the love of it. If a musician cannot remember why they started playing and feels stagnated or that they cannot learn anything new, they need a break from it. If money is the M.O I am sure someone will find a way to make it.

14. jon.dough.1991

jon.dough.1991 Producer

whats the difference between this or any t rap track ? less melody ?

15. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

So your life was meaningful and successful. Many wait their entire lives so that they can do what they want. They then make up for that in the pensioner. I don't have to wait for it and if possible do what you want and do what makes sense. With music you stay young and don't become stupid. In the factory you get old and slowly go to waste. It's better to make music than to be a soldier and fight with weapons.

16. jon.dough.1991

jon.dough.1991 Producer

tis iis de life , i love her she knows it

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2021
  17. droplet

droplet Rock Star

Sample packs have taken me to the next level. I'm keeping it a secret because I don't want anyone sampling my stuff.

18. recycle

recycle Guest

Everything passes in life: the trap phenomenon will soon end too. It will be replaced by another genre, even more ridiculous and useless.
    The pathetic part of all of this is that today's teenagers in 30 years will be boomers too, they'll be talking like:

"Do you remember that good ol’ trap of the 20’s? let me tell you: 2050 music is garbage"

It's just the wheel that turns on and on ...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. ThrashHead

How many samples of a sample can you get if you sampled a sample of a sample...

How many samples can a sampler sample if a sampler sampled a sample?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual