are there any working PROTOOL Cracks For Mac?

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by muck, Nov 29, 2016.

1. muck

muck Newbie

i Have mountain lion OS.. Im looking for a working crack so i can record myself i just recently invested in studio equipment and pro tools is out of my budget for a while… please help!!

3. kjfarrell

kjfarrell Platinum Record

Check out reaper, it's freeish and as good (arguably better) than protools. Otherwise do a search, there's a protools 10 crack that works, otherwise if you can dual boot into windblows do a search for audioutopia.

4. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

Are there any specific reason you want to use Protools? If you're new to music production, there is no point in using it. The reason it's "industry standard" and comes across as super fancy is because a lot of successful producers (who are really really old and have had decades to perfect their craft) us it. These guys just use it because that's what they are used to, and have been running since the 1990s. There is nothing special about it :) I would also recommend Reaper. It looks terrible, but it is extremely powerful.

5. kyle.ramsden

kyle.ramsden Newbie

Pro Tools HD 10.3.10 has been out for a while on mac. Runs smoothly on OSX 10.8.5

6. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

yeah pt hd 10.3 works just fine on mountain lion...

7. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I hate to be that guy to come in here and answer a question that wasn't asked, but if you can't afford Pro Tools, you might want to consider looking into other DAWs. Cracked or not, doesn't matter.

I say this because Pro Tools, while a having a cool workflow for audio work, is notoriously buggy. And the old v10 crack can be even buggier, as all the ilok1 cracks from that era were a bit buggy. I gather that the ilok protection is written deep, deep into the code of PT. Hell, AAX is a totally unnecessary proprietary plugin format that's basically just meant to be another layer of protection. When you're working with something that's had to be so profoundly altered to be able to run without protection, you're bound to run into additional problems.

I'm sure plenty of people use the PT10 crack more or less successfully but I had a really annoying time with it when I tried it and was forced to switch to Studio One. Reaper is another good one. And so on and so on.

8. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Pro Tools 10.3.10 OpenSSH release is not buggy. It's just as good (or not) as the official release minus the dongle. BTW, I use it over the official one for this very reason. I wish PT11 were defeated. I could find a better use for my USB port. The one positive thing about Pro Tools is that it forces a workflow akin to using hardware. That is, while, say, Ableton or FL will have a sequencer or DJ software kind of workflow (which I don't quite get), Pro Tools will use the kind of mindset you use to operate an analog mixer. That could be good or bad, your pick, but once you get your head around that idea, it's not buggy or anything. Indeed, PT is very efficient. It's not light on CPU performance, but even with a modest computer and some audio workflow discipline, you can work it your way.

9. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Huh... well I'll take you at your word on that. For me, it was just a crashfest I assumed some of that must have been the crack, because for me all of the original ilok cracks were a bit of a headache, and I just stopped using them altogether. As far as I'm concerned, the recent cracks were far "cleaner"

To each his own. Glad it works for you.

10. cyberfunk

cyberfunk Member

Pro Tools 10.3.10 HD OpenSSH edition was the best and most stable DAW for me. It was rock solid and bug free up to Mavericks 10.9.5. I used it for years until I upgraded to a Retina MacBook Pro and MacOS Sierra neither of which are supported by PT10HD. I loved PT10HD OpenSSH for being dongle free and having RTAS and VST To RTAS support, clip gain, AudioSuite etc. Logic is great but I'm really missing those PT10HD features. If they ever crack PT12HD for Mac I'll probably switch back. I actually paid for Pro Tools 12 twice but just couldn't live with that awful iLok dongle so I sold it both times. The iLoke dongle is SOOO inconvenient to my laptop workflow. If AVID switches to a software dongle and provides a VST to AAX adapter I would pay for the software again.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  11. TK

TK Member

Pro Tools 10 doesn't even have offline bouncing or freeze options. Horrible in terms of a few features that basically every DAW has nowadays. Pro Tools 12 has those features now but they only work in a reliable way if your HDs are fast enough.

I would go with Logic if I were you. Might be a frustrating experience with PT10.

12. cyberfunk

cyberfunk Member

I used to think not having offline bounce and 32bit with PT10HD was an issue but most professional producers would never offline bounce a pre-master and I never ran out of power wth my 2.7Ghz i7 Quad MacBook. What I thought I was missing in Pro Tools was a quick way to bounce out my mixed down radio show. After a few years using PT10HD I figured out that you could consolidate multiple takes on a single track to one waveform and then export that wave as an Mp3 file quicker than logic can bounce a session offline! PT10HD is pretty amazing. Logic does have it's advantages but PT10HD will always have a a special place in my heart until cracked PT12HD drops.

13. TK

TK Member

Yeah, at the end of the day it all comes down to personal preferences. There are tons of things
    that piss me off with Logic as well.

I'm using Sequoia these days strictly for mixing and it's quite enjoyable. If I would produce stuff
    I would still pick Logic anyday tho. It also has that nice "vintage" Atari feel. :winker:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  14. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Vintage Mac, really... Logic was Mac-only at first, and only got released for the Atari ST at version 1.5... So there's no Atari stuff in there, but certainly still some vintage Mac stuff from the early versions (and the Atari ST was always the poor-man's Mac anyway... ;) )

It does of course have some lineage (though no code) back to Creator/Notator on the ST, and even Supertrack before than on the C64, so...

15. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

..what is important for me as a producer is having offline bounce for MULTIPLE tracks for getting to different daws. It's nice in Ableton that you can "export all" tracks and bring it to PT/Logic what have you... and it has not ONCE failed me by sending a crap track on export. In PT10HD you have to route every channel etc to another one blah blah blah, takes forever...

THAT to me is a HUGE timesaver. Logic can do it as well, but to tell you the truth, I don't trust it... I have had too many times where it has failed.... granted, it has been awhile, and a few revs back, but if you are exporting 60 tracks or etc for mix, and you can't trust it.... no way... so had to do it the long way...