Are musicians interested in football?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sicksystem, Jun 9, 2014.

1. sicksystem

sicksystem Newbie

Yes I am!!

With the World Cup coming up in a couple of days, I was just wondering if anyone else at audiosex is a fan?

Footbal saved my life as a kid. At the age of 8 vears, after serious illness,I was heading for invalidity.
    Football was my main motivation to get back up on my feet again, I loved the game so much.

Of course, it's not the same game today. As with almost everything else in this world, football has been infested by the voracious and greedy.

I've always seen football as the peoples game. Numerous slogans claim it to be, but let's face it, it's not.
    I deeply sympathise with the poor & Indegenous people of Brazil, and if there are any fatalities, caused by state forces,
    I will certainly be one of the first to turn my TV off.

I think all the money should be taken out of football. Players should earn an average wage,
    and the money that's accumulated should be used to feed and house the poor people of the world.
    Then it would be a peoples game. That's a dream!!

On the lighter side, I will be behind England once again, and I hope Italy, Uruguay, and even Costa Rica
    show some sportsmanship and let us win. My parents were English/German. I grew up in England and moved to Germany when I was 20 years old.
    However, the irony of life led to me being a German fan in 1966, and being an England fan after 1973 (1974,1990 when Germany won the world cup)

Anyway my guess for the semi-finals:

Brazil, Spain, Germany, and Uruguay.

Please, if you take part in this thread, be respectful with each other and don't bash each others heads in. :snuffy:

Love and peace be with ya!!! :break:

3. happyshoppa22

happyshoppa22 Newbie

Well, of course, I'll watch every game like a crazy man and can't wait for Thursday, but I'm most impressed about you being around for '66.

4. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

"However, the irony of life led to me being a German fan in 1966, and being an England fan after 1973 (1974,1990 when Germany won the world cup)"

´66, hehe,nice! My first WC was ´74(i was 4years old), but i better remember the ´78 WC in Argentina(where Argentina wins).
    I played soccer (in club) when i was 9, untill i was 16, than the drugs and of course music were more importand then sports. :rofl:

Greetings from Germany :wink:

5. remix

remix Platinum Record

England all day!!!

6. transporter1333

transporter1333 Member

The World Cup will opening (this thursday, 12-07-2014...) in my city, Sao Paulo.
    ...and like all Brazilians, I'm football fanatic too... :dancing:

Master Plan for Game days: [BBB]

Big Screen, Barbecue, BEER... :rofl:

You are all welcome... :wink: :wink: :wink:

7. arhythmtech

arhythmtech Member

i played for 16 years and was scouted by barcelona fc.

can't stand watching it though.

8. ukslinger

ukslinger Ultrasonic

I'll be watching as much as possible. I'm a Liverpool and England fan. I was 60 this year, so I was around for our '66 win too. :thumbsup:

9. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Does a Bear shit in the Woods? Of Course :wink:

10. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

My predictions are Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, Iran (no fucking way but gotta rep my motherland lmao)

11. supersharpshooter

supersharpshooter Member

I will be watching it for sure!

12. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

oh soccer. i thought you meant football. :rofl:

13. wizzerdevoz

wizzerdevoz Newbie

Not this one... *no*

14. anvier

anvier Ultrasonic

Of course, another fan here!

VAMOS ARGENTINA !!!

15. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

I used to be until i became aware of how the world REALLY works

Now, i don't see a football match, all i see are the corporate sponsors, CEO's, directors, business dealings, etc

Football is ran, controlled and financed by the very same people who pass the laws and legislation that enslave us all

Don't get me wrong, i still like the actual game of football, i just hate how it's controlled by the elite

I won't be watching the world cup for the first time ever, just so it's one less number in viewing figures for the advertising sponsors and tv execs, i never watched the olympics either

Football is just another tool the elite use to enslave and divide us all

Think about it, two people from the same city will detest one another for the rest of their lives because they both support a different football team, i mean, come on, how ridiculous is that?

My theory? If we truly want our freedom, turn off the TV and tell them to go and fuck themselves

If we don't want our freedom, and we prefer to live the lie and in denial, then keep on conforming as to what is expected of us

"Yeahhhhhh Comne on Engerrrrland" *Swigs beer then goes and and fights with a stranger cos his team lost*

16. copylefter

copylefter Producer

kearnsy,
    great post, I'm on your wavelenght :mates:
    That being said, I like football game too, just hate all the shit going on in the background.
    Here in italy now even the world cup is on pay tv for the first time (only italy matches on state tv).
    I'm with Italy, but I have little hopes, after the latest matches *no*

17. sicksystem

sicksystem Newbie

Yes i'm also quite impressed still being around too!! *yes*

Well I thought I was the grandad around here, cheers mate!! :mates:

Allright we will take Iran into the list of favourites!! :wink:

Whats soccer? :dunno:

Your'e right kearnsy! and that's why I said I love the game, but not what goes on around it!! And greetings to Lemmy fom Germany too :wink: Hope everyone enjoys it!! And let the best team (Us) win!! :rofl:

18. copylefter

copylefter Producer

19. PatrickKn

PatrickKn Member

[​IMG]

I live in the US by the way. And you know what I call it? Football.

20. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

:rofl:

It was called soccer until after World War II by the way. It's to differentiate it from American football and America isn't the only country to use that name. Australia does as well at least until recently. Who cares? I find nothing more boring than watching other people play sports.

21. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Don`t have the passion for the game that I used to 20 or so years ago.

Was a mad keen Chelsea fan. Was a regular day out with the boys when we played at home. Some incredible memories from those days.

Like you said Sicksystem, it`s not the game it used to be, I visited Stamford Bridge with my eldest son a couple of years back, wanted to share that "Big Game" buzz with him. Pfffffft, hardly bloody recognised the place, couldn`t do much of a job of pronouncing many of the players names and just felt "IT" was no longer there.

Will I be partaking of a tin in front of the box during games? If I`m not working or engaged in fam stuff, then HELL YEAH!

Camon Engerlund!!!!