Are fully reparable laptops a reality?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by EddieXx, Jul 25, 2021.

1. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

Fairphone, that's a company I want to check out. Hmmm. No shipping to the US?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  2. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

on the other hand, strength in numbers.

3. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

I understand where you're coming from, but there are some politics involved. Politics by itself is not bad, it's the demagogues who ruin everything.

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Thanks for your experience. I think it is important that the normal Otto consumer can also exchange parts and that not only 'computer freaks' can do that. Many fail even when writing down a due to a lack of documentation (instructions) or to the screws that are too small, some disassemble it and cannot reassemble it. Maybe one should invent laptops that are thicker - like a small briefcase with a handle. Wherever a larger fan fits, laptops constantly have heat problems. You know the complex construction yourself. I vote for the "briefcase laptop" as a kit to build yourself.

5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

It's not about where I'm coming from, which you can't know about btw, it's only a bout the rules, which have been created based on experience.

6. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

one single project like this isn’t going to change the world, but, when made this nice and proper it’s going to be a real alternative and unveil the amounts of people who are looking n wanting to show discontent with the current situation.

That in itself pushes a positive development forward when others with similar ongoing projects\ideas then maybe dear to take the plunge.

it also reinforces public opinion in this direction

7. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

I think our forum is watched by more people than we think lol
    after all comments here multiple places are making segments on the reparable laptop

“they simply didn’t want to”, 100% truth at 4:42…

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Some of the smartest people in the world also sit here.
    And you can learn a lot from the creative forum members. (pst... market them, don't steal ideas so loudly - quietly,,,)