Are cracked Kontakt and VSTs dangerous if I download Native Access?

Discussion in 'Software' started by winter1008, Oct 22, 2022.

1. winter1008

winter1008 Newbie

Hi. Please understand that the context may not fit well because I wrote with a translator.
    I would like to purchase Kcomplete Kontrol S88.
    However, I heard that you need to download Native Access to use the Komplete Kontrol to control the VSTs.
    But as far as I know, when Native Access is installed on my computer, VSTs switch to demo versions. Is that right? Am I not allowed to buy Komplete Kontrol S88?
    I'd really appreciate it if anyone who's experienced this in person or knows the keyboard well could explain it.
    The Kontakt versions I am using now are 5.8.1, 6.5.2, and 6.6.0.

3. Gnuts

Gnuts Newbie

Just my experience, but I have a sister site version of Kontakt Full 6.6 and a legit Native Access Kontakt Player 7 working together. All sister site Kontakt libs still work in Kontakt (no demo versions). I have installed legit kontakt libs via Native Access and can open them with either. In Native Access I turned off all data sharing in the prefs. Nothing shows up in NA except for things I have purchased. Note: I just did this recently, so time will tell if something goes sideways. I'll post again if it does.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

I have the s49 and never use Komplete Kontrol. This is on Mac, so I do not know your specific mileage with it; but I'm not going to bother with the thing, only so I have pretty pictures on my 4 inch square screens. And for me that's all this program would provide.

No thanks. I'd buy a different controller if I cared about this. It's a wicked controller without their software. The app would be mostly just a wrapper, for me. Or I'd just get the 49 without the screens, it's close enough if you want to save a couple hundred bucks. It's the one Nicky Romero uses in some tutorials with no Komplete Kontrol involved. Skip to the end of the trailer and you can view it working.... The keybed is FATAR on the S series, something to certainly keep in mind if you play a lot.

Do a comparison chart someplace that sells them. This program wouldn't even cross my mind wether I would buy one or not. What you do with it is up to you, but I'd not consider their software as a reason to not buy/buy their hardware.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022