Are any scene groups recruiting?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RD1LDN, Jul 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Haliax

Haliax Guest

Code can be made difficult to decompile/reverse engineer, but not impossible.

I'd imagine there would be a few discussions on stackoverflow on this subject.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. RD1LDN

RD1LDN Ultrasonic

Of course, there is no such thing as "uncrackable" software. If one person can make it someone else can also understand how it works and then ultimately how to circumvent the protections. What would you say is the main reason some software like Falcon and Nexus haven't been cracked for many years?

3. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Lol... How do I know YOU’RE not FBI?? Ive been here awhile.I participate on Audioz and Audionews.org.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Haliax

Haliax Guest

Encryption? Ive seen code that is decrypted into memory that allows it to be run. I've seen code that goes through checksums that branch differently depending on the result. The latter is harder to detect because it results in instability

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Haliax

Haliax Guest

I thought you understood how code works at a machine level? How come you haven't cracked it?

6. RD1LDN

RD1LDN Ultrasonic

We know I'm not police because I sent scans of my Credit Card and ID to @The Pirate, you need to do the same for verification. He told me everyone on this forum had done it, strange...

7. RD1LDN

RD1LDN Ultrasonic

I'm one man, R2R/ VR are teams of people who understand this, just saying...
    Also you saw earlier when I tried to join the Japanese cracking group... they declined.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  8. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Maybe we should just sit here a while and... see what happens.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. AgentData

AgentData Ultrasonic

Well, imho you don't have to join a group to become a good cracker.

Let me quote one of my old friends: "The secret of advanced reversing is KISS - (K)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid"

You have some good understanding of assembler code and know how to use the tools of the trade ?
    Well... then choose your target and go for it - at the end you're limited by your own knowledge only and not by some group membership.
    You need some help ? Just ask for it... the www is full of knowledge...believe me :)

Cheers
    AD

PS:
    Don't forget to read the old +hcu tutorials about zen cracking and always try to understand what zen cracking means.

Sometimes when you cracked a big target you can ***feel*** the code.
    This happens when a zen cracker reaches illumination... in a moment you understand how everything works... you just feel it !

If it happened to you too, you will understand what I mean.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. RD1LDN

RD1LDN Ultrasonic

Is this a real AiR member? Why did your team decide to dismantle?

11. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

sure ...gossip....
    why not ask where to find the hcu tutorials...

12. Haliax

Haliax Guest

Might as well add the Jolly Rogers cookbook, or the anarchists cookbook to the list too. 2600 was a very useful frequency

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. RD1LDN

RD1LDN Ultrasonic

It’s not gossip, I am trying to see the possible threats that can end ones career as a cracker. Did they just decide to retire? Was it police?

14. Area51

Area51 Kapellmeister

I've joined a teamed called T.R.O.L.L. FOR FREE!

15. Talula

Talula Rock Star

easy. each compiler has its own peculiarities, like fingerprints or signatures. you can’t understand yourself - there are analyzers that even determine the version of the compiler.

best joke of the year =)
    the source code of the project cannot be received - this is a fact. but it is not needed. developers can only complicate the analysis of executable code and make hacking inappropriate (if the license costs $49, and cracking costs $300, it’s easier to buy a license), but in the end it comes down to assembler and step-by-step tracing in the debugger, changing a few bytes and saving the file.
    the only way to protect the code is to use cryptographic encryption. without a key or license from the developer, it is impossible to obtain the code of individual functions and a fully functional program.

16. Dropbear

Dropbear Ultrasonic

I think you are too late, they got a tester already.:rofl:
    [​IMG]

17. RD1LDN

RD1LDN Ultrasonic

Interesting, can you further elaborate on what the costs of cracking are? (referring to what was said about cracking costing more then purchasing lic.) & wouldn't this issue be negligible when teams can get lic. from suppliers?

18. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

TIME / EFFORT = MONEY. If you're a talented hacker for sure you can get legitimate paid work. :knock:

19. Talula

Talula Rock Star

there is such a thing - minimum wage. Let's say it's $10 an hour. if the license costs $49, and cracking takes more than 5 hours, then the cracker will lose another $10 of possible profit for each next hour.
    knowing this, you can read NFO file from Cubase SX 3 release by H20 and understand why they did it only once.
    spoiler: if I'm not mistaken... about 1500 hours...

not so simple. even ready-made software protection solutions - protectors - developers use in different ways. you can use the same tread of the same version, but combine the functions so that cracking is several times more difficult than that of a competitor. with cryptographic encryption exactly the same.

20. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

:deep_facepalm: