Arcade - what is it?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vincent Price, Sep 22, 2023.

1. Hello,

I am wondering what is Arcade by Output? I know it produces samples etc, but is it just loops or can you actually play these loops on a midi keyboard like a sampler?

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Do you know of any samplers that only play loops? i can't even think of one, because you would probably just load the file directly into your DAW audio channel rather than use it.

you should watch the quickstart video. it answers all the very basic questions in 5 minutes. What it does not explain are all the problems people have reported with it. It was a common topic of discussion and either everyone figured out how to fix them, or they stopped bothering to use it.

4. What problems?

5. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

In my opinion is just sucks. It is not worth the effort to find sounds in it due to the terrible interface and loading.
    If you have the room in your library it doesn't hurt to have it.
    I have it. I never touch it :rofl:
    Similar experience with Spitfire interface. Seems designed by someone trying to frustrate users.
    I guess they are trying to provide an "experience".
    Well, they DO. A terrible one....
    For actual technical problems, just search this forum. You will see plenty...

6. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

It's basically like Kontakt, but slower, uses more CPU, has no scripting and is generally just not versatile. I Kontakt you can create massive sampled instruments (even whole orchestras) that has many round-robins for each velocity layer, or you can create a super simple sample loop player. Arcade was originally made more to just create simple sample loop instruments, but since v.2 you can also sample full instruments with velocity layers.