Apple Stole My Music. No, Seriously.

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by floond, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

^^^ Picture a nice calm place.... ^^^

2. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

Oysters it helps you? I've seen a guy recently, who said Louie Armstrong's songs help him calm his titties. well, what to say.. whatever floats your boat, guys.

anyways, lads, fuck this motherfucking thread. at least we can agree on this one.

3. elixter

elixter Kapellmeister

Thats also why PPL like you begging that MAC PLEASE Shit on the Sister Site :rofl:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Bongopickle

Bongopickle Noisemaker

Silly nonsense. The author of the article is just unwilling to admit they deleted their own local music library.

5. lpu2n

lpu2n Producer

@Wurlie Rocker
    Man, calm yourself. I don't know what kind of bad blood is festering between you guys, but from my perspective you are entirely the aggressor in this thread. Your profane ad-hominem attacks are against the rules of this forum, and are completely unnecessary. Please take a break and reevaluate whether this argument is worth getting so worked up about.

Hope you are able to resolve your anger issues.

Andrew: Quotation edited to reflect comment removal.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  6. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

No anger issues whatsoever. The guy's calling me a troll when in fact he was trolling with posts like "Linux > Mac and Win"? You gotta be kidding. This is so within the rules of the forum, yeah, right. I was right about him - a liar and a hypocrite. And he was flaming, no doubt about that. Forum rules my ass. You need to understand things right.

7. lpu2n

lpu2n Producer

I don't see how that is trolling... I can understand it is perhaps an incitement to a heated OS argument, but not trolling. It's merely a statement of opinion - all strong emotions evoked by it are your own.

And yes, the way you worded your comment was against the forum rules, hence its removal by the moderator. There are better, less crude ways of expressing disapproval

8. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

If you don't see or don't wanna see something, it doesn't mean it's not there. It was as much trolling the thread as was mactards' comments. These guys were fully aware of the negative feedback, they were provoking it, so they had it coming. Simple. In fact, if you think of it, it started as a thread about Apple Music service and a dissatisfied customer of theirs, losing his entire drive of music for whatever reason. It had nothing to do with "the battle of OS-s", so there shouldn't have been a conversation about that in the first place. Yet it quickly turned into bashing Apple, Apple knights came in defense of their apples, and what exactly Linux people have lost in this thread I don't know. It was random. So from a thread about Apple Music and a lost hard drive of their customer, it turned into a giant shitball from all bits of random shits. Profane language is not the worst plague of this thread. Perhaps, if mods payed more attention to the thread from the beginning and deleted the flaming comments that had nothing to do with the thread itself... You know the ending.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  9. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I must say, this comment sums up the entire thread very neatly. :yes:

10. ShadowOfTheZ

ShadowOfTheZ Ultrasonic

I never understood why people think they should advocate for Apple or Microsoft.
    We actually need more competition to be able to switch when we get frustrated by either of them, it happens all the time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. Boujwa

Boujwa Ultrasonic

Im using a hackintosh because i wanted to use logic. Windows is the winner in all competitions !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

Shit hits the fan again.

It's about fucking time mods close this motherfucker. The only time this cocksucker thread was about cunting Apple Music it's when OP made his first post. Not since!

13. Impressive

Impressive Guest

@Introninja It would be a good idea to close this thread, mate.

14. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

'Random'? Your summary of events there has a massive, 'random' hole in it. You forgot to include your responsibility as the instigator. You even go so far as blaming moderators for not deleting posts which triggered your hateful outbursts. It seems they should take notes about what your triggers are, what you can and cannot handle, and monitor the forum for that content. Your needs are that special, but you seem obsessed with calling others 'tard'. Isn't that ironic? Where is it acceptable to call people names, such as (and especially) those ending in 'tard' anyway? It’s not clever. It just looks like playground language.

15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Who the fuck has 870 projects stored on one hard drive and not a single one backed up.Also how do these projects look like,10 second loops?

16. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

No, they shouldn't do that because of me, but because they are, well, mods, and it's their job. When someone posts something like groove and Ninja posted, if you are a mod who has any clue, you know you have a shitstorm coming. You smart? You delete it before shit hits the fan. You fuck around? The giant shitball is on its way. BTW, in case you didn't notice, it was on the very first page I asked mods to close this mother effin'. "They didn't listen to me!"

And what's for "tards", I once heard MAC user calling himself a mactard. He said it. So funny. BTW, it was here on AS somewhere. After all, aren't we all here a nice group of wintards, lintards and mactards? A happy family indeed.

17. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Funny you should ask.
    To my surprise, I found about 743 of them backed up somewhere a couple months later. BUT - many of them were altered after I had backed them up. Because they started out as either 60 second loops or were just finished on the spot. So I was left with older versions of my projects.
    Either way, it was still frustrating. Boy did I learn a lesson from that. Too bad it took a catastrophe to teach me something so common sense, though. :suicide:

18. Bongopickle

Bongopickle Noisemaker

It makes little sense for an Apple Music topic to devolve into yet another yawn inducing Mac/PC debate. It's an independent cloud service that is somewhat platform agnostic running on Windows, iOS and Android. I'd rather criticize Apple Music independently for its terrible user interface and inconsistent metadata matching. Even so, deleting local MP3 files off of the hard drive is not how it works. It keeps a copy in the cloud for access across devices. It doesn't nuke the source files unless the user incorrectly assumes the cloud copies are as good as originals and mistakenly chooses to delete all the local files manually.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

That's quite a statement. It's not our job, there is no financial or other personal gain involved, it's more like independent position.

Anyway topic locked pending further discussion with staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.