Apple just dont stop..

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Vaijj, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Im pretty happy that i a few years ago predicted this. Not by myself ofc but its been there, back in my mind, that the changes of priorities apple keep on doing, planning etc it was clear to me that they just dont give a fuck about a group of user that actually helped building their brand. And if things goes really bad even hackintosh ís a thing of the past..

https://ask.audio/articles/apple-is...-what-will-this-mean-for-musicians-producers?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Project_AD

Project_AD Member

why would hackintosh be a thing of the past?

4. blaqmatic

blaqmatic Platinum Record

Don't Panic. Life will go on.

5. fritzm

fritzm Producer

I know you may not realize this, but photography played a more substantial role in building their brand than music. That being said, I ain't about to jump ship.

6. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

Putting my eggs in the basket of Apples, the worst thing a musician may do

7. Oh well, what a pity, never mind.

Have you ever considered Studio One as a replacement for Logic Pro?

8. statik

statik Audiosexual

i cant imagine they would make a move that stupid, also it would be more logical that they make the OS in such a way that it can run ios apps and not the other way round.

9. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

I don't see what merging iOS and OsX has anything to do with the sky is falling shit.

You don't like what they are doing stop buying their products. No company is in business to be your friend (creative type or not) for a while Apple Machines gave you options that others did not but I don't remember there being a contract of any kind that stated Apple would no cheat on you and never get in bed with someone else if they had some dosh to throw her way.

Large companies are by definition prostitutes and they will do whatever it takes to get that money and payoff their pimp, Big Shareholder.

The only option you have as a consumer is buy or don't buy. Apple told you she loved you while she took your money and if you fell in love sounds like a 'you' problem. Myself am kind of sweet on her if she's wearing something pretty next time I pass by I'll probably still take a trip around the block with her... but I know what am getting into.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. fetepilly

fetepilly Member

What would be wrong to have Ableton running on a big screen ipad? Or Logic etc.
    I was hoping for this. Ultimate mobile studio

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

let's not forget Microsoft tried to do so and failed terribly :rofl:

now it's time Apple tries to merge MacOS and iOS, define and provide standards (class compliant hardware layer, unified software dev environment etc..)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

You refer to teh ARM transition. That woudl also affect any current Appel Fanboys who you spend 10000$ on a new iMac or the upcomung modular macPro if it is based ion intel Chips :)

13. fritzm

fritzm Producer

Exactly!

14. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

It is already happening with Audio Units which can be used cross device...
    Or with Korg Gadget, you can start a project on ytoy ipad and just load it up in the full macOS app.

Another aquanted example would be NI Maschine and iMaschine. Imagine if they could bot huse teh same codebase and what that would mean for the speed of developement

In my opinion this is a great thing for developers and useres. Less efford.

If developers release dumbed down software just down use it.

So what exactly do people fear ?

related:
    http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2...-mobile-cross-platform-audio-app-development/

15. powerplay

powerplay Ultrasonic

It's your choice... You sink with your ship called "Logic Pro X for MAC only" or Jump to whole other options.

16. recycle

recycle Guest

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

I think they're quite well aware there's customers segments

next to this one, there's an article " new windows update is breaking NI maschine studio ", I trust more Apple in developing crossovers that won't screw up the whole sh*t than microsoft.

most of the top industry gear is custom or very specific anyway; them too had to adjust to what technology allows to do, and how it changed habits and paradigms.

the new modular macpro is expected to be at least evoked by the end of the year, we'll see.. a lot of people were quite happy to have something reliable when they released the new iMacpro

18. kokorico

kokorico Platinum Record

19. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Well, tons of studios are still running Pro Tools 10 (which is the old 32-bit version) or 9, have seen as old as 6 and 8, still working great. Nobody forces you to throw the "old" system out the window.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Well the point is that if its getting harder and harder to keep a rig running flawless like it has been its been for decades with MAC's. Then why struggle with their overpriced shitty hardware. I never ran logic cause i didnt like it from the start so its not a big deal. But some plugin developers are jumping the ship but sure, for the bedroom producers in general, playing with their ipads/phones and other buttons it may not be a big difference or something to be scared of. But for many its vital to have their shit up to date and they cant afford to sit and wait for a driver to their sound card or other midi devices.

I not unhappy as I've keeping my feets dry with a win machine. But it has bugged me for a long time cause there was stuff that was easier on the MAC. But now i just feel its time to let go and never return, not even in my mind..

21. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

There is an older Ptools Tdm system that is only compatible with the power Mac g5's. That system got easier to get ahold of after the switch to intels