Apple Has Demonstrated They Don't Care About Computer Musicians [GET A PC]

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Config, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Config

Config Kapellmeister

• Like x 9
    • Winner x 6
    • Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. DJK

DJK Rock Star

:wink::wink:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  4. timer

timer Producer

While I'm not happy with Apples product policy, Videos like this remind me, why I generally prefer reading to watching vids.
    He needs almost ten minutes to give his few bits of information and opinion. If he had chosen to write instead he would have needed to think first, order his thoughts, and put it in a readable form. And instead of watching a long strange video we would have known his point after one minute.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Its unfortunate that problems very well explained in the video have become a nightmare for Apple musicians. Too bad for us, but, for real?

I got tired of that update paranoia: Nearly a year ago, I became a windows 8.1 user, and I'm very happy with OS change!

#fuck apple!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    • Funny x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

That why people built Hackintoshe's :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Foobar

Foobar Producer

Apple puts a tremendous amount of work into turning modern hardware into shit. It's not easy at all to come up with so much shit as Apple puts into the design of their computer hardware products. There must be an immense pressure from the sales people, to deliberately mess up that big.

Get a hackintosh. Best hardware with the best OS.

If Apple ever starts to put the same pressure on their programmers to mess up macOS the same way as they do with their hardware, just install Windows or Linux on the machine and be done.

8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

From what I understand, without having Mac/iPhone, is that Apple has decided to go lately (post Jobs or whatever) to making the maximum amount of money. This implies most of the complaints as a consequence.

And I think they're succeeding, making record profits. What'll happen at mid/long term is hard to say, depends of the "elasticity" (the only economic term I learnt) of the Apple userbase

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

HOHOHOHOHOHO

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Quite a fitting economic term.
    [​IMG]

11. waverider

waverider Rock Star

It looks like he is struggling with cancer and is currently receiving a treatment. That would explain why he seems to be a bit dozy.

With that said I'm surprised to hear these points. It was my impression that Apple is "the" big player and that it might be a viable option to switch from Windows 7 to Apple as soon as support ends for Windows 7. But it looks like I might have to find another solution instead.

12. beatletown

beatletown Guest

Apple makes some great products, some are over rated some not. To buy an imac for idk 8k $ is insanity, but....there are people with a lot of money, who can afford it, such products are not for the average consumers, its for the wealthier people, its sort of a status symbol, same with their phones.
    Common people usually have some basic skills to buy and build the same system for 1/3rd of the price or even less.
    Its an age where knowledge=money and no knowledge=ignorance.

13. Foobar

Foobar Producer

MacOS is by far superior to Windows. That's the whole reason to go Mac for people who work with computers.

But Apple is as bad for hardware as Microsoft for operating systems.

The worst computer you can have is Apple hardware running Windows.
    And the best computer you can have is DIY hardware running macOS.

Just read up a bit about how to build a hackintosh and what hardware is best to hackintosh and don't ever look back. And feel safe that you can fallback to Windows at any time without regrets about throwing thousands of your hard earned money away to buy overpriced garbage, just in case Apple will mess up macOS in the future. But so far, macOS is still doing fine. Let's hope Apple sales department will keep their filthy hands off of the macOS developers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

Bullshit!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. Old X

Old X Guest

By wealthier you mean successful working professionals that make a living in respected fields using computers (and can pay off fully loaded iMac Pro in a month earnings) and by common you mean hobbyist's and starving artist's that don't? And with average, people who mostly need tablets to do all their usual every day necessities?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2018
  16. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

In the past years, I see more people selling their Apple garbage and switching to Windows 10 machines than ever.
    In fact, some of them are graphic designers and video editors. They got extremely fast computers with far better specs than any Apple product with a 1/3 of the cost.
    A design does not affect performance... And an ugly fat computer is still better than any MacBook or iMac

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Old X

Old X Guest

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  18. ThorntonQ

ThorntonQ Producer

The problem with Apple and many other manufacturers today is sales assistants where promoted to the product development department. That took the creative people out of the loop for those who could shift units making profit. Steve Jobs stated it many times. Now instead of serious new updates pushing the boundaries and only being restricted by the technology at hand we get minor cosmetic changes in tiny increments to shift extra units.
    This is the death of many products. Keep the sales assistants selling and leave product development to the creative inventor minds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Yeah... right. Just because of you're saying it

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Old X

Old X Guest

You now see irony of your own statements, but no, hang out with plenty of pro's from my country and plenty of others from Gearslutz and KVR already jumped on them, it's attractive offer.

21. Old X

Old X Guest

To respond on actual topic, both Apple and Microsoft are all about money and both are pushing their luck because we don't have real alternative still, so we go with lesser evil that make most sense to our needs and preferences, but I don't like and like both, they have their strong and weak points, desktop I would use Windows PC (if I used multi platform DAW), laptop I would use Macbook, phone, Nokia 3310.