apollo twin usb or studio 192?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by robbieeparker14, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Thanks, a great read. We all have come a long way in regard to what is and is not possible in regards to size mattering in the world of audio recording. The article helped make me feel good to be alive in this day and age of "put it in your backpack and record a great album". I appreciate the deep, easy breath.

2. robbieeparker14

robbieeparker14 Producer

Im running all vst lots of kontakt. So far no issues for me. Shes loud too lol my favorite part. Much more clear than my saffire aswell

3. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Yeah, lot's of detailed information and proof that ITB is also viable for artists with a big studio pedigree. What grabbed my attention was the fact they still went for top class (hired) mics, and were careful to control the room for both recording and mixing. Common sense, but it was great to see the exact steps they took.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  4. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

5. Absolutely. The first two rules of the game are #1 performance, which Rod Stewart has in abundance as well as the musicians who would like to contribute to his work, and #2 is capturing the performance, also not a problem working with a long time friend and talented producer/engineer/songwriter Kevin Savigar as well as having access to the best of microphones, a trusted vintage U67 as well as it's older cousin, the U47. It also says wonders about the quality of those preamps and the emulation software that is part and parcel with the bundle of plug-ins run through them, those that make up the the Apollo Twin. The judicious use of baffling in the room and the cozy familiarity made, I am sure, it possible for a pleasant work flow and winning takes and overdubs.

6. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I know a lot of us come to the point of upgrading audio interface, and the Apollo Twin will inevitably show up as a contender. I've had it since its inception in the market in 2014, and I've never had a complaint except that some plugins can eat up your processing power. The other issue is the price of plugins. However, as I've said before, with patience, careful choice and coupons, you can get awesome deals. On the Black Friday sale I got Brainworx's Vertigo VSM-3 for $49 ($299 regular price). The holiday sale has started, and with a coupon added, yesterday I bought the Neve 33609 bus compressor for $74 ($249 on the list). Even without any further purchases, the bundled plugins are par with any other world class plugin out there (I hear the Acustica fan crowd yelling at me). I was saving up for Acustica's Sand bundle, but the 33609 won me over. Ok, getting my hands on a U47 or a U67 won't come with coupons, and Savigar's expertise coupled with his and Stuart's musicianship will cost a lifetime, but at least one third of the equation is not as unattainable as it looks :)