Apache (jump on it ) Sugarhill gang drums

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by anthony doyle, Feb 16, 2022.

1. anthony doyle

anthony doyle Kapellmeister

Hi, I'm looking for a library in Kontakt that has the drum sounds from the intro to this song.

3. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

The original break was from the Incredible Bongo band but there probably isn't a specific kontakt library that is catered to that sound.

Maybe for the drums any of the drumdrops libraries or Jay Mass,Analogue Drums(Royale,Smoker,Big Mono) etc.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

Why wouldn't you just take the original and chop it up, like everyone else? Or get the Audio Animals Apache Break Re-Mastered.

5. anthony doyle

Thanks for the responses. I guess I wanted a similar Kontakt libarry to make something similar but different. I'd imagine its an extra hassle to release a song that has samples in it.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

if you chop it into slices and sequence/retrigger the hits using midi, you would not have a problem. This record has already been sampled like 1 million times. That is probably an undercount. :)

7. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

@anthony doyle It's called sampling… you should try it some time.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. clone

clone Audiosexual

Best Answer
    I think if you want a super high quality version of a break, something like the Audio Animals remaster is perfect. Or a great rip from library like "All the Breaks". A lot of times they have been already sampled by someone who searched out a copy as close to perfect as possible of the record, and then recorded it through nice gear, etc. Re-doing it would be a better investment of the time and effort after finding an unused breakbeat first. Any improvement you'd get would be minimal, but with 100% of the work for certain.

9. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

What, the congas? Find a frickin percussion library with congas! I'd say either of the Latin Percussion expansions for EZDrummer but since you want to be relegated to Kontakt I'm sure you can find something.

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

11. anthony doyle

Thanks for all the help . Lots of good suggestions here. I imported it in beat2slice in fl studio and am looking at some conga libraries to make a similar version.