AoN KICK 2 Expansion (Free)

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by Army of Ninjas, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Yeah, no OSX. Sorry. I don't have a Mac to test on. So I don't want to put stuff out for Mac. :/

Thanks for the tip! I'm an InnoSetup noob. I've only built custom installers for my own use. Any other tips you have would be much appreciated. You make some slick installers.

I have another 10 skins, and the beginnings of a bunch of other content (pitch curves, click curves, eq curves, presets, modelled subharmonic content) in the works. So I'm probably going to wait until I finish that up properly to release it on the sister site. I'd like to make what feels like a "proper" expansion--not just a handful of files or presets (like what is largely available for KICK 2).

2. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

I know this is an old post but I just to thank you for the pack. Everything is working in OS X.

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 10.48.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 10.48.20 PM.png

By the way, did you ever finish that "proper" expansion pack?

3. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Thanks for the kind words! Glad to know it works in osx (I don't have a mac to test stuff on).
    About 90%. School has been getting in the way of my music time like a mf'er. I actually had a hankering to work on it today, but I had to do a project. :/

4. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Cool, I was just making sure because I was looking for it on the sister site and I didn't see it. :like:

5. What are you majoring in?

6. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Business. I know. Boring lol.

7. Neck

Neck Member

Hello freefeet12 - do you mind sharing how you got everything working in OSX? I would really appreciate some assistance - thank you very much!

8. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Wow, that was a long time ago. I don't use the software anymore. If I remember correctly it was a matter of extracting GUI files, (and sound files if you want them), basically folders of .png files, out of the .exe, and placing them in the right folder. I can't remember if that folder was in Applications Support, or inside the actual plugin file, by right clicking and Show Package Contents. Assuming you can get the proper files extracted from the .exe from Army of Ninjas share you can use an application called Find Any File to find all Kick 2 (Sonic Academy) related files and folders. That should make it really easy to find out where to put the folders of .png files.

FWIW, the first place I would try is Applications Support/Sonic Academy. It's likely there.

9. $PID3Y

$PID3Y Newbie

[QUOTE="DanielFaraday,

DO YOU STILL HAVE THESE SKINS???? THE LINK IS DEAD AND I WANT THEM BADLY