Anything Else out there like PeerBlocker for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by rappaterntsanga, Dec 27, 2014.

1. rappaterntsanga

rappaterntsanga Newbie

Hey guy's. so apparently i've been hearing about a lot of people getting letters from AT&T and the big phone companies about downloading stuff illegally. Just wanted to know if there's anything out there Like PeerBlocker for mac that can prevent anyone from seeing your personal online browsing experience. Thanks.

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

you can only prevent it by using TOR, but there is nothing which works 100% sure, to let nobody see what you doing in the worldwideweb.

i have Peerblock here in install on windows, it is working fine. i came no mac alternative a cross.

4. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

Nope, there‘s a much lightweight alternative than TOR for not being tracked.

It‘s developed by OPENDNS and it‘s called DNSCRYPT.

DNSCrypt is a piece of lightweight software that everyone should use to boost online privacy and security. It works by encrypting all DNS traffic between the user and OpenDNS, preventing any spying, spoofing or man-in-the-middle attacks.

In the same way the SSL turns HTTP web traffic into HTTPS encrypted Web traffic, DNSCrypt turns regular DNS traffic into encrypted DNS traffic that is secure from eavesdropping and man-in-the-middle attacks. It doesn't require any changes to domain names or how they work, it simply provides a method for securely encrypting communication between our customers and our DNS servers in our data centers.

[​IMG]

It‘s for Windows and MACOSX, and it‘s enough for not being tracked on which places you usually hang on..

More info: https://www.opendns.com/about/innovations/dnscrypt/