Anyone want to do group mixes, and mastering?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by kooper, Nov 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

I have learned a lot from listening to people and comparing my work to theirs etc. One of the very best tools for this that I have come up with is done through google. It's simple (this method to compare). All it really involves is a way to put players to compare mixes on the same page, so we can IMMEDIATELY play and compare tracks. The way this works is that everyone who wants to participate is given access so they can post and edit, and or update the tracks on the page. Then down below is the comments area where we can discuss as we compare. We can hear the results and the comparrisons are immediate if the players are on the same page. No need to go to another page to stream. It's all on one page as is the discussions. There is no limit to how many tracks are compared, and they are easily edited removed or added to the page. I actually have a template for this purpose. It's easy, and free, and it's a no brainer that some of us will benefit from such interactions. It can be done both privately and publicly but I prefer public so I can pick people's brains and learn. If the mix/master is so much better we will hear it immediately because the players are all on one page, and we can begin to learn how people achieve things. It's simple and extremely effective. Contact me in PM here if you want to see this. The more people who join in the higher the achievement of learning. I have been using this a lot, and am willing to show you how to do it for yourselves.