Anyone using Linux for audio/music production?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by xsze, Jul 7, 2015.

1. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Sorry man, I had to dislike your post because you're just trolling. I don't think you have ever even installed any Linux distro on your computer, so you don't know what you're talking about. Stop it, please. No hard feelings, eh? :wink:

2. Lepow

Lepow Kapellmeister

Dude, pointless comment, i can imagine a few cases where it could be used primarily even now, if you're just recording stuff.... Glen himself runs a studio powered by AVL.

So yes, it's not where you can fire up your cracked ableton and hosts your cracked plugins, but don't take that for granted, it's nice to have it (Linux) around, for a post apocalyptic reboot who knows...

Needless to say there is bitwig, ardour a fuckton of DAWs to choose from, you even got some plugins by big names like U-He, Overtone, i'm not trying to make you use it, just know that it's available, for free, that's enough.

It's free and it's good, no matter what you think, gotta see the full picture...

EDIT: Don't mind me, judging by your other 5 messages here, it's all you got.

3. alex921

alex921 Producer

I dont really use linux, but I do like shuriken beat slicer, not the newest but the older ones. Also linux has a ton more scripting possibilities for manipulating audio, for example extracting chords, seamless loops etc. but what ever ableton does a better job anyway, I like it more for programming then music making. I despise all OS'es, except for 1607 LTSB and maybe mac but I kinda hate it with a passion as wel, literall they ask money for everything, xcode , crappy apps, just crack the shit out of mac os x and you have a semi decent rig

4. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

I will be frank as all my friends here are more experienced with Linux than i am. Make my (paid) vst(i)s and daw+soundcard run on Linux stable and i 'll switch the next day. It is never about the OS which for the more experienced user is just a shell. I wouldn't care less if it was Solaris or Zeta OS or fkn Amiga Os lol. But i need my tools of preference. I can do Mac , i'll be only missing one windows only app but atm Linux is about switching to an entire new toolbag for me.
    I hope it gets sorted.
    Cheers mates

5. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Linux is now mature enough for the enterprise world? Wow how wrong you are Linux has been mature enough for the enterprise world for many years now. Only OS I know of that is not mature for the Enterprise network is windows.
    Anyway please research what you have said and you will fine out. I really hate when people state these things with out really knowing IT.