Anyone Using K'd Komplete Kontrol/Maschine, With NI Hardware?

Discussion in 'Software' started by flipper, Sep 29, 2018.

1. flipper

flipper Newbie

Looking at the S61 MkII and the S88. Reading the info at NI's site, it looks like you HAVE to install their "Select" package in order to get the hardware up and running. That does not sound doable with any cracked software installation. I'm an actual owner of NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, but I trashed the entire install in order to go back to earlier Kontakt (with the good old "Add Library" button).

So, I'm very curious if anyone out there is actually using (as in "for real") NI's hardware controllers with k'd software, and if so, how did you get around NI's little walled garden? Thanks a million.

3. raybies

raybies Newbie

I own legit NI K11U and now K12S, and I went with k'd for convenience... NI is a classic example of screwing legit owners to prevent piracy. The Mk2 works fine with just installing Komplete Kontrol.
    I didn't have to do anything special, just install all k'd NI sw... no native access.
    Just an fyi the Mk2 has a quality issues, so double check.
    None of the Symlink/no install versions work for me.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  4. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Cant speak for PC, but I have Maschine Jam and a Komplete Kontrol keyboard and I only use legit Massive, Absynth and FM8. Other wise as you say you're walled off. Frankly, outside of large studios with limitless budgets, I can't imagine anybody owning a thorough set of Kontakt libraries. I don't make money from music so it's a no loss situation for NI. In fact in terms of hardware over the years... I still have Kore 2 and boxed Komplete DVD'S from V2 through 6 ... they should reimburse me.

5. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

On PC and from the very early days (many years ago) I have used the keyed software with the hardware of both Maschine and Komplete Kontrol Keyboard, without any problems.

6. electriclash

electriclash Guest

legit k11u and can access enough k'd libraries through quick load function- have not fooled around with 12 (or any of its components) yet because.... why would I?

7. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

A note has been passed to NI HQ and you'll be happy to know they are happy with your continued patronage and will have a 10% off coupon for your next NI Complete purchase, or a free McDonald's soft-serve (nuts not included):like:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. tooloud

tooloud Guest

If it's NI it would be MkDonalds and they would be Knuts.