Anyone using Goodhertz Bundle?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ironmother, Apr 19, 2023.

1. ironmother

ironmother Ultrasonic

I have run into an interesting problem that others seem to have as well... I installed the goodhertz bundle to test out vulf compressor. I generated the proper challenge and response file and the plugins will work for the session until I close it. The next time I go to use it, it asks for me to sign in and I have to do the process all over again. I have blocked goodhertz domains in the hosts file but it appears that it gets around this somehow.

Is this just a busted release?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Check to see if you're able to connect to Goodhertz in your browser.. If you can still connect, you probably didn't edit your host file correctly.... Just my guess

4. ironmother

ironmother Ultrasonic

Thx for the reply but that's the first thing I tried :) I have the main domain and several subdomains correctly listed. I noticed someone else having the same issue, so it's got to be getting around the hosts file block. I just don't know what else to do other than remaining offline (which isn't exactly doable, sadly)

Edited to add: To be clear, I made sure to save the hosts file changes as administrator using notepad++

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
  5. DiabeticAnna

DiabeticAnna Newbie

Not entirely relevant to your thread, just a curiosity.

Aside from the Vulf compressor, is there anything else in the Ghz bundle that you find warrants the trouble of installing it?

I only ever used Ghz for Lossy, but I found a replacement and I just can't bring myself to bother installing it anymore. The time bomb issues, difficulty cracking it, etc. It stopped feeling worth it to me, and I wanted to see if anyone else felt similarly.

6. ironmother

ironmother Ultrasonic

Tupe seems pretty cool. I like the specific sound you can dial in with that plugin. I appreciate the Q :)

Did you notice issues trying to keep it authenticated?

7. DiabeticAnna

DiabeticAnna Newbie

Thanks for the response, I did notice a time-bomb issue every time I had it installed. I didn't use the plugins much after finding a replacement for Lossy, so I am not sure if that caused anything. Any crack that requires a disabled internet connection to install is a turn-off for me, just because it's time consuming. I am kinda lazy, so I would take my opinion with a grain of salt.

8. ironmother

ironmother Ultrasonic

I appreciate the reply; we all have lazy spells :) It's the only plugin giving me trouble as of late.

9. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Tilt-shift, Tonecontrol, Tupe, MegaVerb all very useful with a predictable sound and work well.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List