Anyone using Bluetooth Headphones for Monitoring (Specifically ATH-M50xBT)? Latency?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by acatnamedharmony, May 29, 2020.

1. acatnamedharmony

acatnamedharmony Ultrasonic

I've had the Audio Technica M50x headphones for quite some time now, love em. I use them for everything from monitoring to DJing as well as everyday use. They are getting well worn though now and although I'm going to buy the replacement cushions and fix them up...

I really want the Bluetooth version (ATH-M50xBT) however I didn't think it was possible to get low-latency monitoring on them UNTIL I saw someone using them as monitors the other day while playing the keys.

What's that like?

How low can you get the latency on them?

Do they use ASIO drivers?

Do they make External Audio interfaces now with Bluetooth?

Lastly, I'm not gonna blow nearly 200 dollars on a pair of cans I can't also use to DJ with, do they make bluetooth receivers that connect to the headphone outs on a mixer?

Should I consider another pair of headphones, Especially ones that have both wired and wireless options?

Either way, thanks for your input =)

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  3. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

yes there are bluetooth transmitters and receivers and dual mode transmitter/receiver units or you can even plug a bluetooth dongle in your PC to send and receive to devices I don't know about their latency but the range isn't great about 30 feet under ideal conditions.

4. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

If anything Bluetooth has useable reliability and latency yet it's news to me but then again, that stuff is improving all the time.

5. fiction

fiction Audiosexual