Anyone using Audified MixChecker??

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Nimbuss, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

Hey everyone

Is this plugin God's gift to bedroom producers and mixers? Anyone tried it out? Anyone have any similar plugins or methods of referencing?

I've been using it on one Behringer Ms40 monitor in mono and the HS8's and I really love the provided options. The cube setting is great for checking vocals and the cellphone setting is great for seeing how much beef you have in your mix. I tried the TB Isone but was never really satisfied, maybe i'll try using the reverb option from Isone and the curve from Mixcheck, so many options :thumbsup: they should've made a 'distorted club speaker' curve though...

If you missed the release, try it out :bow:

3. Unirorm

Unirorm Producer

You need many hours of listening and learn each preset, what is represent and how it behaves.
    Same thing with new monitors.
    I use only the two speakers simulations, is good.

4. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

I Like it a lot! I am using it while mixing and it has pointed out some things that I missed when I was not using it. I Love any method of getting better transfers. Try Mono while running through the options at low volume for even better results. Using JBL 305s.

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I don't find it to be a super accurate representation of most of the things it purports to simulate but it's close enough to be helpful

That said, I try not to use any warez long term, and I'm definitely not buying it for $150, so I uninstalled it. I don't know what kind of R&D went into that plug, but I feel like asking $150 for a speaker simulator is way too much.

Interesting that you say that. I thought the cube was by far the worst one. I say that never having used the speaker it's supposed to represent, but I just thought it sounded way too tinny to be real. I'm not by any means saying you're wrong. It was just my impression after some (admittedly, fairly shallow) testing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

I hope not. I've listened to it on over the ear headphones, ear bud, car stereo, auratone, home system, laptop etc settings. The only ones it even came close to emulating properly. Were the reference settings that provided virtually nothing below 300hz. After referencing my mixes through the real things, to ensure that my mental faculties weren't giving out so early. I uninstalled this plugin without hesitation.

7. sk8816

sk8816 Newbie

I'd love to use this on a mac... anyone have an AU?

8. Tsargoth

Tsargoth Kapellmeister

Tried it, wasn't impressed, uninstalled it.

9. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

I'm sort of in the middle on this one. It can definitely be useful; but it isn't a super accurate representation. Obviously. Since one doesn't take room measurements to use this plugin. I think learning a pair of good monitors is ultimately the most useful reference tool. But that isn't to say this plugin can't have some use. Same thing with Isone. I'm actually a bit sad this plugin doesn't have speaker crossbleed like Isone does.

10. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Good, then I'm not alone with my opinion :D

11. lince55

lince55 Newbie

+1

12. Placeholder

Placeholder Ultrasonic

I like it, and it's actually become a permanent fixture in my workflow. I use it alongside Magic A/B to try and match with professional reference tracks. Even with good monitors and headphones, it can sometimes be hard to hear things or you're more off than you realize. Having a wide variety of very different sources makes it easier to match closer with your reference, which works really well for me :).

13. anonymouse

anonymouse Platinum Record

Necro. So is the cube setting supposed to be the revered Auratone 5C? I'd love to check midrange translation on these speakers.

EDIT: yes it is ;)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023