Anyone tried the Synthesizer V vocal synth?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Terryoi, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Terryoi

Terryoi Noisemaker

I recently purchased Synthesizer V with the Solaria soundbank and i have to say it sounds amazing and very realistic.

If anyone here is using it, I was wondering what's the best way to use it on order to get good results as fast as possible with it?
    Do you simply draw the notes in with the mouse one by one (which is time-consuming)?
    Or do you record the voice melody using a midi keyboard and then add the lyrics to the notes (which should be faster)?

Actually I was hoping to be able to sing the lyrics with my own voice (and record it using a mic) and then convert my voice's audio to midi using an audio to midi software or vst, as the workflow should be even faster/easier this way.
    Has anyone tried doing it this way, and if so which audio to midi software or vst do you recommend for this?

Btw if anyone would like to try out Synthesizer V with Solaria, there's an official free/lite version you can download for free.
    You should first get Synth V basic version here: https://resource.dreamtonics.com/download/English/Synthesizer V Studio Basic/1.8.0-latest/
    And then you can get the Solaria lite soundbank from here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14gR5JUMThteD2yvgqE3ORiXDcXltToyT

3. odod

odod Rock Star

I think they have implemented the MIDI input on the 1.8 version .. which makes it easier, i always convert my xml to spv file before .. now it's only a rec button away

Btw, you are open to trade ? i have Kevin, Solaria and Asterian :) .. I am so enjoying the app too
    I thought there's another in here before ... and on KVR is very active

P.S : my workflow sometime is like this - download score from musescore - export xml - utaformatix - svp and voila .. little editing and it's done.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  4. Chaindog

Chaindog Producer

You can import midi into Synthesizer V.
    Import Midi.png Import Midi 2.png

5. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Can show where find a good Manual for learn how to use it?
    Insert own words and so on... :winker:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  6. Tupilaq

Tupilaq Newbie

7. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

There's someone Synthesizer-V-Vocal-Synth user that want share a good male/female english library? :bow:

8. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

I hope you're talking about a FREE library because, you know...

9. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Absolutely... need for practice :winker:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  10. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

I own Synthesizer V and love it's potential. Its brilliant, but I still have some issues getting words pronounced or stretched properly. I have to learn how to achieve what i want until they make the software better. I'll be trying the new update this week which allows midi note input. Still MJCH BETTER than vocaloid and decent pricing.

11. Magic Max

Magic Max Platinum Record

After three weeks with Solaria I'm getting some decent emotive vocal performances which are passable. Working with phonemes is becoming second nature to me and the update whereby I can play notation in via midi keyboard is a great addition.

12. Magic Max

I always work with the standalone app. From my DAW I export a verse section and import the wav file into SynthV. Enter the tempo and begin the audio at bar 2. Bar 1 cuts off the start of the first vocal note. (assuming your vocal begins immediately) I play the notes in via the keyboard and apply smart quantize. Then next stage is to think in phonemes, not English, so "desire" becomes two words "Dee" and "zya"... also mixing up combinations, of soft, power, airy, clear in varying amounts give very different results that dont seem obvious until you bounce them back into your track. This is the limit of my superficial knowledge. I could learn more but for me I'm getting better results than if I sang myself and there are numerous people on this forum who have begged me to never sing again. I have accepted their advice as being very sound.

13. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

I have Soloria & Stardust Infinity.. Looking to get Mo Chen, Cong Zheng & Xuan Yu this wknd.. I think this software has huge potential.

14. BluezyBeats

BluezyBeats Member

How did you manage to get Startdust Infinity? From what I have seen she is sold only in China.

15. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

I made an Alipay account first. That was a pain, had to use my phone and scan QR codes to verify and stuff. Then I made a Taobao account and linked it to my Alipay account. Had to use Google translate for almost the entire process... However, there are proxy sellers like ParcelUp you can use to buy Stardust, but they charge an extra fee & it’s not immediate.

here is the link to Parcelup for Stardust if you’re interested - https://parcelup.com/shop/item.php?id=675192462436

I personally preferred the convoluted/direct way because I lack patience and want digital products immediatly (well it took about 30 minutes to receive the serial/download link) but you get my point lol. Just make sure you include your email in a note when buying direct from Quadimension on Taobao. I even duplicated my message and converted it to simple Chinese just in case they didn’t know where to send my download/serial…

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  16. mark.nassenstein

mark.nassenstein Newbie

I did my second song, this one featuring the new Asterian voice. So far, no one not previously aware that the voice was artificial remarked on it. Plenty of Isaac Hayes remarks, though. :yes: See link.

17. DontKnowJack

DontKnowJack Producer

What anime are those screens from? Looks slick and song sounds convincing.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
  18. mark.nassenstein

mark.nassenstein Newbie

No anime. All AI generated pictures. With a little photoshopping thrown in. :winker:

19. mark.nassenstein

mark.nassenstein Newbie

Another song I did. Mostly starring Solaria, with a bit of Elanor and Asterian. Sorta in a Louis Cole/Knower style.

20. Magic Max

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  21. Magic Max

I've also settled on Solaria singing in a "soft" style which has the greatest realism. Here's an old up-tempo pop hit from 1974 reworked in a melancholy style.