Anyone tried any uvi expansions with Falcon?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Willum, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Has anyone bought any of the Uvi expansions to use with falcon. I'm a bit lost as too wether any of them are worth buying ?

3. Resonator

Resonator Kapellmeister

can save time having to map out rather than load individual wav files unless you got great sounding sfz instruments, which i havn't, Quality is pretty good for library's, i can't fault them and can't say anything else sounds substantially better as there all recorded going through expensive board and then sent off for professional mastering. I use synth anthology mainly for the waveforms and just having plenty of variation in different synth types, The Beast, as I love the sound of the synclavier and it's not just the sound of the raw library's you are getting, Ultra Mini as the moogs do sound nice and also the free one, Digital Synsations that they gave away not long ago for a limited time, which i liked the sound of and would of bought anyway. If i need acoustic library's and could stretch my budget the IRCAM are excellent library's too. undecided if I want the emulators or the fairlight, think my kontakt versions are ok and can import them if needed. The other stuff they have I can live happily without, though I was nearly tempted by the CS library as it's one of the cheaper ones, until I noticed the anthology had quite a few version's in already.
    Whether there worth it will depend on what your planning to do with falcon and how much you'd use them. but as I already owned 3 of my 5 library's, Falcon's given them a new lease of life, currently I'm thinking I probably need never look at buying another softsynth/sampler to achieve what I want to create. There's now more possibilities than I can come up with idea's to create everything I could wish from Retro to the present day even if I don't fancy purchasing any more library's, which I probably will as they'll be creating library's to make the most of Falcon and it's future features in time no doubt.

4. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

Love UVI, but despise iLok. Would love to try Falcon tho.

5. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

Falcon is superb, I have most of their libraries, some are good some are ok, Hopefully i will have a third party library up here soon, Vintage vault is great but a bit pricey,synths anthology though old is good, most are ok....depends what sounds you are interested in, the world library is not that good, stick with existing libraries for kontakt etc havent tried the ircam stuff yet, good luck with whatever you choose, Falcon at the intro price is my best buy this year! :winker:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

I got the vintage vault collection and I think it will actually take me years to look through it completely. So many great sounds. I am a heavy kontakt user from since it first came out and I must say the UVI stuff just sounds better, period. There is something about it that sounds more focused and clear and dense tonally. In comparison the Kontakt libraries I have used and loved forever sound, thin, glassy, digitally aliased and diffused. The filters have never sounded great in kontakt with lots of aliasing and pretty ho-hum results. I have usually relied on Omnisphere and Trillian to do the heavy lifting in the synth basses and tempo based pulses departments. The low end of Kontakt is shaky and in comparison "hollow" and the tempo sync has always been a little loose compared to other products. Tempo changes in the sequences send kontakt scrambling for at least a bar with all sorts of sync lock issues and nasty artifacts in the delays and reverbs. But most if not all of the great interesting new sounds these days are available for kontakt and for the most part it works well-enough. The UVI stuff really impressed me with the ease of operation and setup, the overall sound quality and the very inspiring and interesting instruments. Also the value for the price is very good compared to typical top kontakt libraries and other instruments like Zebra, Diva, Serum or Massive or Absynth. The built in effects in the UVI player are somewhat simpler than the options in Kontakt but they actually sound much better. The reverbs, filters and delays are much better and the restricted parameters actually focus you more on music and less on tweaking. The mellotron collection is really useful and in my opinion superior to every other mellotron library I have used. The Fairlight is amazingly fun and super inspiring. I don't think you can go wrong with UVI, especially buying it on sale. UVI is doing something right with it's sound engine. If Kontakt doesn't want to go the way of Gigastudio I hope they can rework the engine and keep it competitive on a sound quality level instead of the obligatory platform that we all have invested 15 years (or more) in building a library for. Falcon is incredible for people who actually make their own sounds (it is the best sounding sampler so far) and I am kicking myself for not buying it for $199 when it first came out.

7. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

"Also the value for the price is very good compared to typical top kontakt libraries"
    I never thought about it like that, that is spot on, certainly brings Vintage Vault as a better buy by comparison...value for dollar etc!!!

8. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Thanks for the help. I bought the Synth Anthology one in the end, got some great sounds in it, should keep me amused for a long while. :)

9. EastBoundSounds

EastBoundSounds Ultrasonic

10. Swiss Made

Swiss Made Member

I just bought your software and paid the 10$. Demo sounds great, I'll test it when back from holidays, thanks for the info, good luck with your product !

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017