Anyone successfully install Steinberg Virtual Guitarist?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nick Bellagio, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Nick Bellagio

Nick Bellagio Member

I've downloaded this plugin multiple times over the years and could never actually get it installed. It always gives me an error message saying it needs to be installed from the original CD. Any suggestions? Thanks.

3. dondada

dondada Rock Star

there is no cd version anymore:dunno:
    : shit, sorry mate i read that wrong, seems that VG is uncracked and unlisted @steinberg
    there was some trouble keping the licencing server running, according to steinb., so there is none.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  4. Nick Bellagio

Nick Bellagio Member

ah yeah, I did read that somewhere years ago I think. That's a shame I heard it was a good one. You would think a crack would still work though

5. hoovoo

hoovoo Newbie

VG2 is the only reason my Mac is still at Mojave. I use it daily with 32Lives. It's also the oldest plug in I still use.

6. Nick Bellagio

Nick Bellagio Member

what do you mean? What's Mojave?

7. Spudda

Spudda Newbie

Hi Nick,
    I have the original "scene" cd's from years ago. I have VG and also VG Electric Edition, but not the enhanced edition which I believe may have been a combination of the 2 plus extra riffs. I have both installed on a Win10 PC and use "DDMFBridge" to be able to use them in Studio One 5.
    Please let me know how I can help. I've been using this site for many years and am glad I may finally be able to give something back.

8. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

I did this many years ago for both Virtual Guitarist products, The original Acoustic version and the follow up Electric version.
    For me this was on Windows. I've used them on XP and Win 7. I haven't bothered, but I would expect to get them working on Win 10 too. (and I see @Spudda has just confirmed that)

What I'm rambling about now is only foggy memories, so no promises of a fix here.
    But I claim 100% that these two cracked products do install and work.

The versions I used were (for each package) 3 CDs as 3 .ISO files

Things to try

[1] Emulate the CD.
    i.e., mount the ISO as a virtual CD drive and install it from there.
    Just unpacking the ISO to a disk and running the Autorun.exe gave the errors you mentioned.
    Again foggy memories. I might have tried and succeeded by unpacking the entire CD ISO but crucially it would have been unpacked to the root level of a drive, absolutely not unpacked into some tidy folder. But mounting ISO as a virtual CD is much better.

[2] This bit is unusual. Unlike any other crack I've encountered.
    Can't remember but I think this applies to only the Electric Edition.
    The crack is a process that must be running during the installation.

All the above fiddling around applies to getting the application/plugins installed OK
    The libraries on the other CDs can actually just be manually copied to disk.
    So on later installations I used to follow (something like) the steps above just get the application/plugins installed and then abort the rest of the installation and copy the instruments manually from older installations.

Worth persevering to get them installed. They're obviously very old products and showing their age but they still have some charm. They are the forerunners of all the stuff UJAM have developed since.

Sorry only foggy memories, but I'm pretty sure if I installed them again, the above reminders would get me there.

Good luck.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
  9. hoovoo

hoovoo Newbie

Ok, I thought everybody knew by now at least some essential "Mac talk".
    Mojave is the last Mac operating system that supports 32 bit plugins. And since I use Virtual Guitarist 2 around 90% of the time on all my projects, I have not upgraded my main computer's OS.

(Also... Google is your friend)

10. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

it is a desert.

11. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

Mojave is also brand of sunglasses with convertible lenses from TV-Shop

12. Caldera

Caldera Producer

I assume you mean VG1 32 bit? In that case you'll first have to run the Talio Emulator and keep it opened when installing from CD.