Anyone running Serato Sample on Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Garamondo Furbish, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

Thinking of giving Serato Sample a go, have read mixed reviews with getting it to run on Windows 7, though to be fair I've seen a lot of people reporting problems on windows 10 & 11 as well.

Thought I'd ask if anyone has any experience with it on windows 7. on the Serato web site they say it requires a cpu with AVX feature , not avx2 etc.. -mine all qualify. Also anyone give Serato Studio a go?

looks like it might be fun to muck around with.

3. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

I've only run it on win10 and 11, the latest with stem sep might be problematic since these AI techs relay on optimization on newer OS.
    It's worth to try, I still use the old one for abstract inspiration by simply hitting find samples and then play around

4. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

i have 2 windows 10 laptops, i can move it to if it fails on the windows 7. just really prefer the o/s look and performance of w7.
    i've started killing services and programs in the windows 10 machines, they'll be kept off the internet, but I still don't like all the hoops you have to jump thru. the o/s is really ugly. i had to use it for the last couple years for a job, hated it...

only thing I could find on the Serato website was the bit about the cpu supporting the avx services. guess we'll see . probably try it today...

thanks for the input...