Anyone know what happened to Nyrv Audio?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bunford, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Just wondering if anyone knows what's happened to Nyrv Audio? Their website, found at Nyrv Audio, still seems to exist and still has their products for sale, support page and so on.

I remember years ago feeling like they were onto something as Nyrv Agent was a pretty awesome concept, but was buggy as hell til the latest version I tried, but was improving. I loved the idea of having a single plugin hosting chains (similar to what the likes of Patchwork do now), but that it would also let you create customer interface knobs and sliders to control any parameter within those plugins in the Agent's chain, allowing you to in effect create custom macros within the plugin, to control any parameter of any plugin hosted within the Agent plugin.

Then their Genius ART bundle of plugins also sounded pretty good to be fair.

However, they seem to then just halt, and I don't remember seeing Agent being further developed at all, nor seeing any more ART technology plugins being released from them.

Was just curious about what happened to them more than anything....

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. sentientlantern

sentientlantern Member

I hadn't heard of them before, so I went to their site to check it out. Looks really interesting and their Agent ecosystem is on sale for £99 right now. However, if, as you say, they haven't developed anything new for it for some time, I'm not sure it's worth investing in. Also, their site gave my browser 2 strange error messages. One about the server and a JS error. Dubious...

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

I do not use such complex stacks of effects plugins where I need a plugin to keep track of them. But this plugin you are describing sounds an awful lot what KSHMR Chain appears to do. Thats from Plugin Boutique and 20 bucks. https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/9641-KSHMR-Chain

5. northwinds

northwinds Kapellmeister

Yeah I was really interested in this too! Even considered buying but this concerns me. Any more info would be really welcomed!

6. northwinds

northwinds Kapellmeister

No one know anything about this?